Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ASF Travel Photos

Must have bin going down hill.
Des travaux connexes de désaturation avaient auparavant été réalisés en gares de Paris-Montparnasse et de Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, pour leur permettre d'accueillir plus de trains. Le trajet entre Paris et Bordeaux s'effectue en 2 h environ, à une vitesse maximale de 320 km/h

Bordeaux - Paris on TGV

View attachment 165378

Departed 9 minutes late, arrived 9 mInutes late

(my ugly mug edited out)

Funny story on the TGV, in 2012 the wife and I did a cruise to the U.K and me being me (tight @rse) thought kill two birds with one stone, so I thought why not book a Mediterranean cruise on the way home, then we don't have to fly back to get that off the bucket list.
Well there we were cruising along on the TGV between Paris and Zurich, on our way to Venice the next day, when all of a sudden the train starts slowing and the announcement over the PA says problemo. FFS
Coming from W.A my minds going into a meltdown, imagine you're half way between Kalgoorlie and Adelaide on the Indian Pacific and someone says problemo WTF I have a hotel booked on booking dot com in Flcking Adelaide what do you mean problemo, fix it.
Next thing I hear on the PA is, 'we have to get off the train', oh great, that's bloody marvelous, now not only do I have a problem with the arrival time, I don't have a flck train and I've got $hit loads of baggage, can't wait for the missus to tell me what a great idea this was.
So throwing caution to the wind I cracked and shouted out, "does anyone speak English" and a voice in the wilderness said "Ya", so in a calm a a voice as possible, much calmer than I was feeling I said "when is the next train"? The voice came back "15 minutes".
Well I just about released my sphincter, but sat down queitly next to the wife and said, "all good honey, it's not a problem".

it was right place, right time for this snap, today.

20231126_180816.jpg