Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Zip Co intends to raise the funds at an offer price of $3.70 per share. This represents a 5.6% discount to its last close price.

Z1P resumed trading today and as expected dipped down to $3.72 ( -4.1%)

upload_2019-12-2_15-3-55.png

With the recent pullback of Zip, I'm hoping it will get another growth spurt and return to trend.
I have suspected for a while that the short orders wanted it down to $3.50 which it well and truly hit around 10 minutes before pre close today. Stayed there for final close also.
Good support showing under 3.50 but I guess if it hits 3.49 or lower tomorrow, a few triggers willl be hit.
Will no doubt be interesting either way! Hoping for a positive catalyst.
F.Rock

With the placement finished now and shares being listed any day now, I hope the apparent trade range lock? of ~ 3.50 to ~3.70 will lift like a early morning fog.
With any luck, some good numbers may come from the Chrissie buy period.
The current financial sector doom and gloom has me worried though.
Cheers, FRock.

Zip announcement included:
The Board would like to thank shareholders that participated in the SPP for their support. 505,628 ordinary shares will be allotted and issued under the SPP at $3.70 per share. Allotment of the new shares is scheduled for Tuesday 31 December 2019 and the new shares are expected to be quoted on the ASX on Thursday, 2 January 2020.

Ummmm, bump.
Impatient beast. Couldn't wait until January for the monthly comp....
Like a bloomin blooded pit bull on a leash...
Chomping at the bit.
F.Rock

Some eyes may have noticed a
L5/XT condition code,
(late trade/cross trade) that snapped up all ASX market available shares at 3.70 after the official Closing Single Price Auction was finished on Friday.
$345,932 worth/ 93,495 shares.
It would appear that 3.70 has been headbutted and KO'd ATM.
Let's see what next week brings to the table. Cheers.
F.Rock

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 2.57.14 PM.png
I have been doing a quick technical analysis of Z1P it was brought to my attention through frugal.rocks post regarding APT and Z1P.

On the weekly the bearish RSI divergence was confirmed right at the 1.61 fib extension level and a correction occurred. It has now broken through the 2019 up trend support line indicating (IMO) that there is further downside to come here. This may create some nice buy in opportunities for those of us, myself included, who have not had a chance to get into this yet.
Just my 2c

On the weekly the bearish RSI divergence was confirmed right at the 1.61 fib extension level and a correction occurred. It has now broken through the 2019 up trend support line indicating (IMO) that there is further downside to come here. This may create some nice buy in opportunities for those of us, myself included, who have not had a chance to get into this yet.
Just my 2c
Below is free data from IC because being frugal rocks:
upload_2020-1-1_16-28-54.png

Trading volume over past 6 weeks shows a continuation of strong selling pressure.
Recent placement to raise around $60M at $2.70 has yet to bear fruit.
I like their product but would like a few more months to see if the cash injection is delivering results before changing my mind.

Below is free data from IC because being frugal rocks:
View attachment 99405

Trading volume over past 6 weeks shows a continuation of strong selling pressure.
Recent placement to raise around $60M at $2.70 has yet to bear fruit.
I like their product but would like a few more months to see if the cash injection is delivering results before changing my mind.
Nice chart rederob.

It looks probable that it goes back up to ~$4again, maybe even quickly. But there seems to be a bit of selling pressure around there according to your volume adjusted candle chart. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people who bought the issue @ $3.70 bail out for a quick 10-15% profit around there too. It would also be a trendline back test of the up trend line from the last 12months and would make an ideal short entry point IMO.

Nice chartI wouldn't be surprised if a few people who bought the issue @ $3.70 bail out for a quick 10-15% profit around there too.
I re-read my post #68 too late to fix the error, but I agree that historically that practice does weigh down on a stock's ability to as rise as rapidly as did last September.

I re-read my post #68 too late to fix the error, but I agree that historically that practice does weigh down on a stock's ability to as rise as rapidly as did last September.
Don't worry about it, I knew that's what you meant :xyxthumbs
Yeah there's usually some weak hands in the bunch that get itchy trigger fingers. I wouldn't be surprised if they need to tap the market and raise funds again in the next 12-18 months if they want to keep buying market share.
It's firmly on my watch list now so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Afterpay and Z1P on ABC news yesterday.
Obviously good for business.
Does ASIC really want to curtail the BNPL industry? Me thinks not, the code of practice will come in sooner or later.
The consumer groups make no comparisons to credit cards, wonder why? It's much easier to get into bad debt via credit cards, but let's not mention banks generally charge $20 for every $1000 cash advanced for the priveledge, then typically charge
over 20% interest also...:cautious::cautious:o_O
Stop press, new offer received from my bank, "Increase your credit card limit"... with a disclaimer that they don't know about your financial position...o_O:2twocents

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-...d-purchases-worry-consumer-advocates/11873572
F.Rock

Z1P potentially about to make its first close below the 55 week moving average. Fridays close will be telling.
Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 3.27.36 PM.png
The last time it had a close below the weekly 55ma was just over 2 years ago.

So, didn't know about Morningstar upgrading their recommendation for zip to strong buy.
I note, Morningstar is Westpac's analysis service.
Westpac is a Substantial holder of zip and lend money to zip also.
Z1P closed around 20% up today with a fairly late run/ spike that just kept going.
I dumped later today, small loss, but am happy to got out relatively unscathed... this time.:( No regrets.

I put the money into Tyro TYR instead... managed a smidge off a new 52 week low... hopefully that zips up soon...

F.Rock

Z1P can be a great budgeting tool where you can factor repayments into your budget and spend wisely.

Up 7.8% today and well below the high of $5.86 in October 2019 and low was in this month.

Lots of folk will be soon getting their $1500 per fortnight

upload_2020-3-31_18-45-18.png