Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

What does "Far Right" mean?

wayneL

'Abba Shboq Lhon'
Reactions
It seems that our resident communists, the likes of @IFocus, @Knobby22 et al, like to invoke the term "far right" for anybody they disagree with.

So I would like to ask the question here, what is the far right? What does it mean to be far right? What are the policies, what is one's beliefs that makes them *far* right. What makes the difference between centrist, center right and far right?

Is it just somebody who is not a communist?

N what abt invoking the term "Far Que" - that usually upsets the masses....
As in going to the Far Line (Queue)....

It seems that our resident communists, the likes of @IFocus, @Knobby22 et al, like to invoke the term "far right" for anybody they disagree with.

So I would like to ask the question here, what is the far right? What does it mean to be far right? What are the policies, what is one's beliefs that makes them *far* right. What makes the difference between centrist, center right and far right?

Is it just somebody who is not a communist?
Well , there is a spectrum I would say.

It probably includes anti immigration, low tolerance of minorities, tougher on crime and promotion of cultural "purity" et al on the social side.

Economically, a "free market knows best" ideology, survival of the fittest, dislike of unions, pro business, low corporate and high income earner taxes, less regulation where it interferes with business, low wages for workers and a rich get richer philosophy.

Well , there is a spectrum I would say.

It probably includes anti immigration, low tolerance of minorities, tougher on crime and promotion of cultural "purity" et al on the social side.

Economically, a "free market knows best" ideology, survival of the fittest, dislike of unions, pro business, low corporate and high income earner taxes, less regulation where it interferes with business, low wages for workers and a rich get richer philosophy.
But which of those are "far" right, as opposed to simply right wing?

I see at least two of those things as present in the left wing also.

But which of those are "far" right, as opposed to simply right wing?

I see at least two of those things as present in the left wing also.
Well its a matter of degree. You can be generally intolerant of foreigners or want them all deported immediately. Which would be "Far Right".

Well its a matter of degree. You can be generally intolerant of foreigners or want them all deported immediately. Which would be "Far Right".
Can you show me anyone, apart from a very small number of an extreme fringe of genuine neonazis, who wants all foreigners deported immediately?

Indeed can you show me anyone who is generally intolerant of any foreigner who wants to embrace Australian values?

Yes, we could describe them as far right, but where are they?

Can you show me anyone, apart from a very small number of an extreme fringe of genuine neonazis, who wants all foreigners deported immediately?

Indeed can you show me anyone who is generally intolerant of any foreigner who wants to embrace Australian values?

In the Middle East context, the Far Right are those who want to continue the war regardless of the number of civilian deaths while the less far Right are those who favour a ceasefire so that aid can get through.

In the Australuan context, the Far Right would be those neo Nazis you mentioned, I can't see any members of Parliament that could be described as such.

Others may have a different view.

In the Middle East context, the Far Right are those who want to continue the war regardless of the number of civilian deaths while the less far Right are those who favour a ceasefire so that aid can get through.

In the Australuan context, the Far Right would be those neo Nazis you mentioned, I can't see any members of Parliament that could be described as such.

Others may have a different view.

The common Far right of the ordinary people is about using catch words, calling people names like sheep,snowflake etc and generally being abusive, using historic salutes and deliberately picking on minorities to make them feel in charge which they are obviously not. They believe in cancelling people and will do anything they are told by their shephards in the media and social media.

The far right of the powerful,of course, is quite different.

The reality is, if there was a huge "far right" problem in Australia, there would be ongoing targeting of multi cultural restaurants, businesses etc, there isn't they are flourishing,
The name is just used by the strong loony left media, to incite public loathing of anyone who disagrees with their rhetoric.
The technique has been used throughout history, fortunately these days it doesn't get as much traction, as it did years ago.
In Australia it appears to be a form of bullying, that passes the pub test if it's applied to politicians. :roflmao:

In the Middle East context, the Far Right are those who want to continue the war regardless of the number of civilian deaths
You mean like Hamas and Hezbollah whose charter is to eliminate Israel and all Jewish people altogether no matter how long it takes?

Like the Civil wars in Congo, Syria, Sudan and Yemen, where hundreds of thousands if not millions of civilians have been killed?

Russia?

The CCP genocide of Yuigars?

while the less far Right are those who favour a ceasefire so that aid can get through.
Like Israel who is delivering aid to Gazan civilians (only to be stolen by Hamas)?

Nigel Farage has taken over the leadership of the Reform Party in the UK. The BBC describes him as far right.

But is he?

Nigel Farage has taken over the leadership of the Reform Party in the UK. The BBC describes him as far right.

But is he?

Like I said it is the goto cry of the left leaning media, Margaret Thatcher was apparently the most right wing loony ever, in her day according to the media.

Now history shows she actually was a very progressive left leaning politician, she closed down coal mines that were being subsidised massively as they were well past their used by dates, she was the first politician to bring up the issue of emissions and global warming on the world stage, yet she was a right wing loony.
Another case of ingrained hatred passed from one left wing loony to the next. ;)

It is only a passing phase IMO.

In 1989 Margaret Thatcher, the then Prime Minster of the UK, gave an address to the United Nations (UN) outlining the science of climate change, the threat it posed to all nations and the actions needed to avert the crisis. She summed up by saying: ‘We should work through this great organisation and its agencies to secure world-wide agreements on ways to cope with the effects of climate change, the thinning of the ozone layer, and the loss of precious species’ [1]. This sentiment was echoed in similar speeches by George Bush Senior, President of the United States, including one in 1992 when he outlined his ‘Clear Skies’ and ‘Global Climate Change’ initiatives [2].

These political speeches occurred because in the 1980s the threat of climate change had finally been recognised. This was in part due to the upturn in the global temperature record, the so called ‘hockey stick’ through the 1980s [3]. This led to the rediscovery of the underpinning science of climate change that had been essentially carried out and settled by the mid-1960s [4]. Our increased knowledge of how changes in atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) controlled past climate change and significant improvements in supercomputer modelling of our climate system added to our knowledge of anthropogenic climate change [3].

Being of the centre I find as I get older that the number of those on the far right have much diminished in number.

gg