Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

What are your favourite lyrics or songlines?

howdy natasha :)
the first one has been posted a coupla times already - but it's a bridge between Clapton and moving onto Dire Straits ..

Dire Straits & Eric Clapton - Sultans of Swing Live

Dire Straits - walk of life

I like this

But when the night is falling
and you cannot find the light
If you feel your dream is dying
Hold tight
You've got the music in you
Don't let go
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up
You've got a reason to live
Can't forget you only get what you give

Fly high
What's real can't die
You only get what you give

It's the New Radicals "You've Got the Music In You". You know how "Good Music" is always fresh no matter how old it is; like worthwhile Art it always rewards your new attention... well, this song is like that for me, it always generates uplift, particularly the line What's real can't die. Chris Cross' song Sailing is a bit similar in that regard. You know how they say the deep source of comedy is that eventually we all die and that's the big joke we all know about deep down. On that cheery note ......

Now how did I in hindsight knew you were going to gently answer LOL but but but this is comparing apples with sultanas....

You are I are up for debate here :) I am doing the Ali dance with boxing gloves :bananasmi

I can understand Sultans but mannnnnnnnnnnn the music was quite different and really Slowhand was a pure natural right???
okay cool...:p:

I like this

Hold tight
Don't let go
One dance left
Don't give up

Fly high
What's real can't die

It's the New Radicals "You've Got the Music In You". You know how "Good Music" is always fresh no matter how old it is; like worthwhile Art it always rewards your new attention... well, this song is like that for me, it always generates uplift, particularly the line What's real can't die. Chris Cross' song Sailing is a bit similar in that regard. You know how they say the deep source of comedy is that eventually we all die and that's the big joke we all know about deep down. On that cheery note ......

I agree totally and utterly totally agree :partyman:...Music especially good music beat and words just kick in majorly for me not like songs that have good meaning /words but you just cant get with the rhythm and there it goes...in the lousy basket or some of them in the bin....Yet oddly enough you can have great music beat and yeah yeah yay yay for words and it defies gravity...all the more appealing to the ears

The female vocalists are getting few and far between now....there are no more real singers unless you go digging and hunt down some that are not even known...on that note thats my b*tch for today duh!!...

I like this

Hold tight
Don't let go
One dance left
Don't give up

Fly high
What's real can't die

here you go michael :) - good one....

New Radicals - You Get What You Give (= You Got The Music In You)

Now how did I in hindsight knew you were going to gently answer LOL but but but this is comparing apples with sultanas....

.. I can understand Sultans but mannnnnnnnnnnn the music was quite different and really Slowhand was a pure natural right???
okay cool...:p:
n,
this is probably my favourite Clapton .. (about his boy who died young - 4 years)
but I think I heard he refuses to play it in public anymore.... :2twocents

(PS you suggesting Mark Knopfler isn't a natural? lol)
Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven

"Tears In Heaven"

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please

(instrumental)

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Here in heaven

Here in heaven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Clapton
The early 1990s saw tragedy enter Clapton's life again on two occasions. On 27 August 1990, fellow guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, who was touring with Clapton, and two members of their road crew were killed in a helicopter crash between concerts.

Then, on 20 March 1991 at 11:00 a.m., Conor, who was four years of age, died when he fell from the 53rd-story window of his mother's friend's New York City apartment, landing on the roof of an adjacent four-story building. Clapton's grief was expressed in the song "Tears in Heaven" (on the soundtrack to the 1991 movie Rush), and "Circus". The song was co-written by Will Jennings. He received a total of six Grammys that year for the single "Tears in Heaven" and the Unplugged album.

n,
this is probably my favourite Clapton .. (about his boy who died young - 4 years)

hiya...

I cant play that song without getting emotional and the thought just rakes my insides...He looks like he is choking up when he sings that song...he still a very sad man...
Its been about rejection all his life and wants what he cannot have then gets what he wants and feels he doesnt deserve it...cause he cannot define what is right about himself :(

Really sad stuff and mixture of very heavy duty drug/s abuse then another habit onto the next like sleep eat and drink alcohol literally..
GOD that lists goes on and on like his tragic phases in life..breaks me up chronic..

It really sux when you dont know where or whom your parents are/were and all you know is that you grew up living with grandparents and sister who he found out at the age of nine that was really his mum...never met his dada yet his dad didnt know this famous Eric Clapton was his son while he was alive.
His mum left him after that confession only to return remarried and with another son that was later killed in a motorcar accident...Hell!! this can go on and on and its only the beginning of the disaster....

I bet he wishes he could have taken Layla off the albums too
:rolleyes:

PS- This is one of the stories we get to hear about because of his fame but can you imagine how many tragic stories there are out there!!!

how's this for a change of direction :)
The Time Warp!

RiffRaff: It's astounding;
Time is fleeting;
Madness takes its toll.
But listen closely...

Magenta: Not for very much longer.

RiffRaff: I've got to keep control.
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me

Magenta: And the void would be calling...

Transylvanians: Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator: It's just a jump to the left.

All: And then a step to the right.

Narrator: Put your hands on your hips.

All: You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.

Magenta: It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.
So you can't see me, no, not at all.
In another dimension, with
voyeuristic intention,
Well secluded, I see all.

RiffRaff: With a bit of a mind flip

Magenta: You're into the time slip.

RiffRaff: And nothing can ever be the same.

Magenta: You're spaced out on sensation.

RiffRaff: Like you're under sedation.

All: Let's do the time-warp again.

Columbia: Well I was walking down the street
just a-having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an
evil wink.
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise.
He had a pickup truck, and the
devil's eyes.
He stared at me and I felt a change.
Time meant nothing, never would again.

All: Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator: It's just a jump to the left.

All: And then a step to the right.

Narrator: Put your hands on your hips.

All: You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.

n,

(PS you suggesting Mark Knopfler isn't a natural? lol)

LOL I just saw the PS on your last post and you been in hiding? Ok right well ok he is quite ok naturelle :bs: but just lacks abit of something thats not ok..so nope that's not ok with me so yeah he isn't as naturale as EC

Is that ok with you?
cool great glad we came to some agreement :p:

Joni Mitchell is another who writes personal songs ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Mitchell
And so, after leaving art college in June 1964, Joan Anderson (Joni Mitchell) left her home in Saskatoon to relocate to Toronto. Joni also found out that she was pregnant by her college ex-boyfriend, and in February 1965 she gave birth to a baby girl. A few weeks after the birth, Joni married folk-singer Chuck Mitchell, and took his surname. He promised to help take responsibility for the child but something changed, and a few weeks later Joni gave her daughter, Kelly Dale Anderson, up for adoption.

The experience remained private for most of her career, but she made allusions to it in several songs, most notably the song "Little Green" (from Blue), and, years later, the song "Chinese Cafe" from Wild Things Run Fast ("Your kids are coming up straight/My child's a stranger/I bore her/But I could not raise her"). Her daughter, renamed Kilauren Gibb, began a search for her as an adult, and the two were reunited in 1997. [5]

Joni Mitchell- Little Green

joni mitchell finding her daughter

yep she rocks -
hey can you say that about jazz singers?

Don't worry, be happy!

Attachments

• croc1.jpg
    croc1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 91
  • dogs2.jpg
    dogs2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 86
  • dog rearend.jpg
    dog rearend.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 91
  • husky.jpg
    husky.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 89
yep she rocks -
hey can you say that about jazz singers?

Don't worry, be happy!

Ahuh acid jazz for me at the moment.... the song is relating to one of my shares hahahahahahahahha

Saw the signs read the book .... I should have looked around DROWNING IN DEEP DOO DOOS :swear:

LOLOLOL chokin at them there pics Hind

LOL is that you snowman? :cautious:
Yup its 's a good song-good band anyhow...
catchy tune that...

hello natashia
I sure is me frosty from HotCopper.
I am glad you liked the song. I read your comment in reply to me from the other site. Unfortunately I could not respond. I wish you well.

hello natashia
I sure is me frosty from HotCopper.
I am glad you liked the song. I read your comment in reply to me from the other site. Unfortunately I could not respond. I wish you well.

How did you get to post the song if you were suspended?
...dont mind me I cannot be bothered with the 'days of our lives crapola'....

Well I must have been suspended just after I posted the song. I was in the middle of listening to the song and when I came back to post yet another song I noticed my ability to do so was blocked. I will not go into the details as to why but I am innocent of all charges . As a result I may not use that site much or at all anymore. This site seems good and it is well presented and has good functions to use.

I give the second song now I was going to post yesterday. I think you'll
know it as you say the band is a goody :)

Aja - Steely Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfR3CIPFJo

Well I must have been suspended just after I posted the song. I was in the middle of listening to the song and when I came back to post yet another song I noticed my ability to do so was blocked. I will not go into the details as to why but I am innocent of all charges . As a result I may not use that site much or at all anymore. This site seems good and it is well presented and has good functions to use.

I give the second song now I was going to post yesterday. I think you'll
know it as you say the band is a goody :)

Aja - Steely Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfR3CIPFJo

Hi frostyundertow
No Problemo......Its a good song ...even in the first song you posted from that band had a chinesy tone to it if you listened hard enough.......I also like the song from these guys...clean kind of texture...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6avuh3K_70