Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The future of... The future?

wayneL

'Abba Shboq Lhon'
Reactions
As a late Boomer, I feel privileged to have lived the best part of my life through the best part of the Western world. The best economy, the best culture, the best music etc. the anglosphere that's fortunate enough to have benefited from a somewhat laissez-faire capitalist economy, with only brief interludes of pseudo Keynesianism where our governments have tried to stymie the necessary creative destruction, thereby creating the frankenomics that we have today.

This has largely served us well as mentioned above.

But here we have in this present day the malaise of the spasticsocracy uk/eu, the absurdity of consecutive idiocracies here in Oz, and the very real spectre of the lunacy a potential Harris presidency in Retardistan.

Black pill anyone?

Whither life in previous beacon of liberty, meritocracy and untold wealth creation in our currently sclerotic and indeed lytic Western cultures and economies?

Those of of here on ASF perhaps have the wherewithal to invest/trade our way to and/or maintain relative prosperity... perhaps. We are fortunate, being mostly of an age here to have benefited.

But what next for those coming behind us with the misfortune of not having a substantive inheritance?

Always there will be achievers of course, a great idea, great charisma or whatever, but what of the heavy lifters just slogging it out in in jobs and small business?

I was in the pub yesterday and overhearing conversation of obviously middle class Aussies at the next table... It was very negative, remarking that unless incomes were well above 100k, to forget about owning a home, this, in the cultural cesspit of WA where the pinnacle of culture is 10k worth of tattoos and a ski- jet to p1ss everyone else off at the beach.

As a late Boomer, I feel privileged to have lived the best part of my life through the best part of the Western world. The best economy, the best culture, the best music etc. the anglosphere that's fortunate enough to have benefited from a somewhat laissez-faire capitalist economy, with only brief interludes of pseudo Keynesianism where our governments have tried to stymie the necessary creative destruction, thereby creating the frankenomics that we have today.

This has largely served us well as mentioned above.

But here we have in this present day the malaise of the spasticsocracy uk/eu, the absurdity of consecutive idiocracies here in Oz, and the very real spectre of the lunacy a potential Harris presidency in Retardistan.

Black pill anyone?

Whither life in previous beacon of liberty, meritocracy and untold wealth creation in our currently sclerotic and indeed lytic Western cultures and economies?

Those of of here on ASF perhaps have the wherewithal to invest/trade our way to and/or maintain relative prosperity... perhaps. We are fortunate, being mostly of an age here to have benefited.

But what next for those coming behind us with the misfortune of not having a substantive inheritance?

Always there will be achievers of course, a great idea, great charisma or whatever, but what of the heavy lifters just slogging it out in in jobs and small business?

I was in the pub yesterday and overhearing conversation of obviously middle class Aussies at the next table... It was very negative, remarking that unless incomes were well above 100k, to forget about owning a home, this, in the cultural cesspit of WA where the pinnacle of culture is 10k worth of tattoos and a ski- jet to p1ss everyone else off at the beach.
In a way, like Argentina and Chile a century ago, we just deserve collectively our future and fate.
Greed, laziness , a lower and lower education system and voters concerned more by what they will get on their account next year..
We had democracy, and until recently access to reasonable political data.
We have never had so much access to information and knowledge basically free anywhere anytime, yet this 2000y+ civilisation achievement is used nearly only for pr0n, film streaming and tiktok, social media bellybutton watching.
Again: wall-e
1000002950.jpg
And obediently following the WEF agenda
No travel no house you own nothing and are happy..and are so scared of the latest scam..here monkey pox that elderly couples rush to get a jab against a gay STD decease with hardly a dozen cases in the whole occident...
Among 8 billions, i guess the west does not deserve even its declining current status.
Don't blame me, i voice and vote..

In addition, the overarching nihilism of a great cohort of our youth. Never believing they can own a house, believing we will all be huddled around a single candle in some high altitude cave, surrounded by boiling oceans, ever threatening to inundate the last vestiges of terra firma, unless we extinguish that last carbon producing flame... Oh, and free Palestine Komrades.

In addition, the overarching nihilism of a great cohort of our youth. Never believing they can own a house, believing we will all be huddled around a single candle in some high altitude cave, surrounded by boiling oceans, ever threatening to inundate the last vestiges of terra firma, unless we extinguish that last carbon producing flame... Oh, and free Palestine Komrades.
"From the river to the sea" is their slogan..so not only free Palestine but wipe out Israel none the less and obviously theur people
This us openly shouted by these leftist zealots but it is Trump, Dutton and even mildest non Stalinists or Voice NO voters who are "Nazis" and a danger.lol
If i were a Jew, especially in the US, i would quickly change my vote and candidate donations...