Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The Abbott Government

It's the Abbott government's policies, that are providing the magic carpet for Lord Wentworth to coast upon. But his day will come, at the ballot box.

Poison Chalice/Magic Carpet, The election will be the end of the Noalition right...his day will come.

Tony Abbott will not be PM again and Bill Shorten will never be PM.

One doesn't need psychic powers to see that.

Incase you've been living under a rock:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...p/news-story/0e5f0030b5dcc5d807f4ce2ed6656451

Meanwhile Hamlet procrastinates (this would hurt his republican feelings):

b88104009z.1_20160307090824_000_g23fqb3a.3_1-1bdplih.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/31032457/from-tax-feast-to-tax-famine/

Tony Abbott will not be PM again and Bill Shorten will never be PM.

One doesn't need psychic powers to see that.
Abbott didn't listen, he was warned by the party. His chances are slim at this point.

Turnbull wants to skate in under the radar, then wheel out the tough policies. A GST 15% is neither dead, buried nor cremated. Just shelved temporarily.

Shorten looks better, and leaner, by the day.

I think Labor's negative gearing policy is saleable. The Millenials need to be able to get into the housing market, which looks more impossible by the year.

Abbott didn't listen, he was warned by the party. His chances are slim at this point.

Turnbull wants to skate in under the radar, then wheel out the tough policies. A GST 15% is neither dead, buried nor cremated. Just shelved temporarily.

I think Labor's negative gearing policy is saleable. The Millenials need to be able to get into the housing market, which looks more impossible by the year.
The government has had a shocking parliamentary fortnight and Labor, relatively speaking, presently appear politically well organised but despite that I note,

When it comes to preferred PM, 55 per cent of voters were in favour of Mr Turnbull with only 21 per cent in favour of Mr Shorten.

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/polls-split-has-malcolm-turnbull-lost-his-mojo-20160307-gnd0b8

I've already commented on Labor's NG gearing and CGT polices extensively on this forum to which you can add to any specific point if you wish. That being said, the political response by the government to the NG policy in particular has been poor to date.

The electorate is looking for leadership and direction from MT and the government in general and at a public political level has been justifiably disappointed thus far. As can be seen from the above preferred PM numbers however, there's not much of a warming towards Bill Shorten.

The test for the government ultimately will be the budget and ultimately it will be a comparison between what's on offer. If you think Bill Shorten, Labor and a new carbon tax will get up on election day, a Labor victory at the next election is still paying $5.50 on Sportsbet. Gamble responsibly.

I think you are correct and that worries me insofar as their need to have oversight on everything we do, the cost to the population in freedoms and monies to right the hurt feelings and unfairness of the fringe dwellers, the big spends with deep snouts in between Finance dept and the end user, the coddling up to white anting big business, etc. And the Tanya/Penny sisterhood makes me anxious for the survival of the male race.

Having said that the LNP aren't much better, but we don't expect too much from them as low tier academics and meagre knowledge buffs.:D

I think you are correct and that worries me insofar as their need to have oversight on everything we do, the cost to the population in freedoms and monies to right the hurt feelings and unfairness of the fringe dwellers, the big spends with deep snouts in between Finance dept and the end user, the coddling up to white anting big business, etc. And the Tanya/Penny sisterhood makes me anxious for the survival of the male race.

Having said that the LNP aren't much better, but we don't expect too much from them as low tier academics and meagre knowledge buffs.:D

Dear God I agree with this.
If labor was a little more interested in the blue collars I might be tempted. But right now I'd be in fear of unionized rainbow shirts and free hugs.

Liberals really need to get their siht together. It's disgusting the left vs right factions are so deeply entrenched in both parties to the point that they can't govern.

Dear God I agree with this.
If labor was a little more interested in the blue collars I might be tempted. But right now I'd be in fear of unionized rainbow shirts and free hugs.

Liberals really need to get their siht together. It's disgusting the left vs right factions are so deeply entrenched in both parties to the point that they can't govern.

Both parties have their factions that's for sure, but Labor seems to be hiding theirs better at the moment.

Both parties have their factions that's for sure, but Labor seems to be hiding theirs better at the moment.

Yes, it is about fear in the Labor Party and not unity......Step out of line and you are out...Classical example was the " resignation" of Ron Pyne from the Queensland Labor party.......He was not prepared to follow his daily instructions from the hierarchy of the Labor Party......Pyne was gentally pushed.....This is also the case in the Federal Labor Party where their MP's are all given their daily lines to preach like parrots....They leave their brains at home.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-completely-by-surprise-20160307-gncygp.html

No one is taking any notice. One member resigned over their stance on gay marriage.

Shorten isn't considered a realistic shot at being PM, but they have kept Albo clean enough to have a shot. Problem is he is on the wrong side of the faction.

No one is taking any notice. One member resigned over their stance on gay marriage.

Shorten isn't considered a realistic shot at being PM, but they have kept Albo clean enough to have a shot. Problem is he is on the wrong side of the faction.

John Howard wasn't considered a realistic shot of becoming PM until he got there.

Bill doesn't come across as a Chifley, Hawke, Keating or a Whitlam, but "preferred PM" polls don't matter much, the voting intentions do.

John Howard wasn't considered a realistic shot of becoming PM until he got there.

Bill doesn't come across as a Chifley, Hawke, Keating or a Whitlam, but "preferred PM" polls don't matter much, the voting intentions do.

Bill doesn't come across as being able to conjure his own thoughts, let alone rub two brain cells together. Perhaps a dumb PM for dumb times ahead. Social media already seems to be retarding the country. Perhaps he is a good fit.

Libs are just a mess at the moment. Malcom needs to grow a pair and take charge and lead. Waffle time is over.
Abbott you lost get over it.