Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The 2024 Apocalypse

wayneL

'Abba Shboq Lhon'
Reactions
I have been talking about an upcoming apocalypse for a long time now. It has been largely tongue and cheek as I don't really believe in end times in a religious sense, nor do I believe world leaders would be silly enough to launch a MAD conflagration.

Perhaps I am a bit of a Pollyanna in this regard.

But yet it seems that billionaires are building bunkers in remote places. Those who are aware of Paul Joseph Watson would know that he is a polemicist chiefly interested in driving traffic to his YouTube channel and website. Regard him mostly intense have entertainment, yet raising some interesting cultural points.

In this video he highlights set our friendly neighborhood billionaires seemed to be preparing for "something".

It could be the worry that there is increasing geoglobal tensions and hey, they have the cash and what the hell?

Equally they may know something the rest of us don't.

For entertainment value:

I have been talking about an upcoming apocalypse for a long time now. It has been largely tongue and cheek as I don't really believe in end times in a religious sense, nor do I believe world leaders would be silly enough to launch a MAD conflagration.

Perhaps I am a bit of a Pollyanna in this regard.

But yet it seems that billionaires are building bunkers in remote places. Those who are aware of Paul Joseph Watson would know that he is a polemicist chiefly interested in driving traffic to his YouTube channel and website. Regard him mostly intense have entertainment, yet raising some interesting cultural points.

In this video he highlights set our friendly neighborhood billionaires seemed to be preparing for "something".

It could be the worry that there is increasing geoglobal tensions and hey, they have the cash and what the hell?

Equally they may know something the rest of us don't.

For entertainment value:

The more they fck things up, the more they realise they will need to live somewhere else. NZ is also popular.
If I lived in the USA and saw the billionaires running their own gated community in Florida while doing some shocking stuff to their work forces I would be wondering if their heads might become attached to pikes!

How's your bunker going Wayne?

My feeling is that if the world does go up in smoke, life won't be worth living anyway, so just live until you die.

none of them are setting up shop in Oz
Simple reason for that.
Our tax system sucks , to an American.
My good buddy in Orange County , 40 years ago , couldn't get his head around the fact that an Aussie would rather quit his well paid building job and travel for 6 months every year . When I explained our (then) 60 % top marginal tax rate , he was dumbfounded.
At 47 % top rate these days , things have hardly improved for a yank to every consider immigrating. They'd rather take their chances with the angry white guys with guns. ( When I lived in the joint for a year , I had zero interest in Disneyland , but just loved the gun culture ). .....Oops !

You don't need to be a billionaire to be thinking about this. But, if it's going to happen you don't have time to get to your private jet and fly to Hawaii or NZ. It's grab your doomsday kit, put it in the car, and drive to the mountains before anyone else. Remember to pack toilet paper. Leaves don't cut it.

Yep, as detailed in the vid.

I'm a bit worried that none of them are setting up shop in Oz
Quenton Taranteno has but he is hardly typical. I believe Alaska and New Zealand are the top choices.

You don't need to be a billionaire to be thinking about this. But, if it's going to happen you don't have time to get to your private jet and fly to Hawaii or NZ. It's grab your doomsday kit, put it in the car, and drive to the mountains before anyone else. Remember to pack toilet paper. Leaves don't cut it.
You need a farm in the country, Tazzy and WA would be ideal. NSW and Victoria has too much population. And a bidet would be good! 😁

You need a farm in the country, Tazzy and WA would be ideal. NSW and Victoria has too much population. And a bidet would be good! 😁
I need somewhere 1hr from home. So, a Yarra Valley cellar door built into a hill might be good.