Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

RWC - Reliance Worldwide Corporation

Has RWC been caught up in the 'bursting pipes' saga, that is affecting FBU? Has dropped nearly 10 per cent over the past few days.
View attachment 164126
There's been nothing on the website or on the wires. I trust they are 'true to label' and maintain a superior product.
View attachment 164125
in RWC's case i suspect concerns over the wider construction industry dominates with the FBU saga providing the gentlest of tail winds

now it might be possible there are whispers of RWC trying to take over a weakened FBU

( i hold both companies )

now if there are whispers .. is a take-over attempt a good thing ( for either company )

maybe there are concerns of RWC customers being badly stressed by the FBU fallout

Share price is back to where it was 7 months ago, along with quite a few other stocks i imagine, no big deal.

Share price is back to where it was 7 months ago, along with quite a few other stocks i imagine, no big deal.
yes but getting close to an acceptable target price , for a stock with some mid-term growth potential

i don't normally 'back up trucks ' or even bring a suitcase , but i hope to grab a few ( extra ) just in case it keeps going up despite what i see as tough times ahead

Reliance Worldwide Corporation announced Acquisition of Holman Industries.

Holman Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of branded plumbing and watering products in Australia
The acquisition will expand the Company's product offering and channel partner distribution reach and drive growth in the Australian plumbing market.

i hold RWC

A Closer Look at Reliance Worldwide Corporation Shares – Is RWC A Buy?​

i hold RWC

not at the current price ( for me )

has been a nice little run up ( from the $3.81 i bought in at in August 2023 ) but i see more headwinds coming from the broader economy

they can let in all the migrants they want , but tighter credit , higher costs are all baked into the Western world cake , not to mention more regulations slowing down construction

Have taken a mild interest at times but RWC and Reece (RHC) have always looked a bit pricey or in advanced bulls to me. But took my eye off long ago and James Hardie (JHX) has been moving, RHC could be basing and the WEEKLY chart of RWC shown here is bullish even without today's advance factored in.

Maybe the U.S exposure of these might be providing traction?

From todays Ausbiz 'Close of Business'
" .. and building related stocks rallied with James Hardy, Reece and Reliance all up around 5%."

RWC WEEKLY
big (4).gif

RHC WEEKLY
big (6).gif

bought mine in August 2023 @ $3.79 so up a tad over $1 inside 12 months

won't win any 'bottom-picking awards for timing that one ( fairly average , at best )

but has done OK but i expect challenges will be coming soon ( as new construction slows down ) will be waiting somewhere under $3.50 for a second grab at this

Um dumb dumb is me. I put Ramsay (RHC) comment and a chart of RHC for comparison with RWC and it should have been Reece (REH). The chartof REH btw looks a hope but the valuation doesn't tempt me.

REH WEEKLY
big (7).gif

FNN CONTENT
21 August 2024

Reliance Worldwide struggles amidst soft market​

By Glenn Dyer

Global plumbing products group, Reliance Worldwide (ASX:RWC), reported the same weak results on Tuesday as its Australian-focused rivals, GWA and Reece, did on Monday.

Both local companies managed a small rise in dividends, but Brisbane-based RWC has again taken the unusual step of making a major change to the structure of its dividend with the aim of minimising the lack of Australian earnings and franking credits.

RWC said net sales for the year edged up to $US1.25 billion, from $US1.24 billion for 2022-23. That included a small contribution from the $130 million acquisition of Holman Industries, which settled in March.

RWC said that without the contribution from Holman, the 0.2% rise in sales became a fall of 2.4%. There will obviously be a larger contribution this year.

Statutory net earnings, though, weakened to $US110.6 million, down 21%. On an adjusted basis (ignoring one-offs), earnings dipped 5.7% to $US149.6 million after adjusted EBITDA came in at $US274.6 million, steady on a year earlier, while EBIT fell 3.4% to $US214.5 million.

Directors said that for the six months to December, they expect group external sales to be broadly flat, within a range of up or down by low single-digit percentage points, excluding the impact of Holman and Supply Smart.

The company will pay a final of 5 US cents a share, but that will again be split evenly between a cash dividend and a share buy-back, reflecting the company’s robust financial strategy. (The interim at the start of this year was split in the same way.)

The company explained that the 5 cents a share will comprise "an unfranked final cash dividend of US2.5 cents per share and the undertaking of an on-market share buy-back for US$19.6 million (equivalent in total to US2.5 cents per share)."

"This is in line with the revised distribution policy announced in February 2024, with the total distribution amount for a period allocated approximately 50 percent to a cash dividend and 50 percent to on-market share buy-backs
."

The lack of franking means the company’s earnings in the US and elsewhere outside Australia are now greater than in Australia – in fact, the company says Australia now accounts for only 10% of earnings.