Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Road Rage

Reactions
On the TV news last night a most horrific account of a tradie being run down at a City Beach work site by a work colleague with his ute, and then assaulting him with a claw hammer.
More tonight, the unfortunate had a leg amputated on site and is in a very serious condition in hospital.
The perpetrator, 25 years old is in custody.
Now what gets me is the footage shown tonight of this attacker carrying the hammer and coming up to a supervisor.
Said supervisor, hands in his pockets, appears to have no interest in what might have been going to happen.
Could have taken the hammer off him, called the police, or dropped him to the ground.

Could have taken the hammer off him, called the police, or dropped him to the ground.
Trouble is, these days it'd end up being the supervisor who landed themselves in big trouble legally for doing so.

I've reasonable confidence in police, some concerns but reasonable confidence, but suffice to say I've seen enough to have no confidence in the courts. They'll reach the correct finding yes, just won't do anything about it. :2twocents

Trouble is, these days it'd end up being the supervisor who landed themselves in big trouble legally for doing so.

I've reasonable confidence in police, some concerns but reasonable confidence, but suffice to say I've seen enough to have no confidence in the courts. They'll reach the correct finding yes, just won't do anything about it. :2twocents
@Smurf1976 My experiences over the years with scum that I have taken to court finished up with the right decision, but the penalty with one exception was just a slap on the wrist.

Now what gets me is the footage shown tonight of this attacker carrying the hammer and coming up to a supervisor.
Said supervisor, hands in his pockets, appears to have no interest in what might have been going to happen.
I think I read in the paper this morning that the perpetrator is a 6'5" bloke, the article was pretty sketchy though.

I read in the paper this morning that the perpetrator is a 6'5" bloke.
Like all stories I guess there is a bit more to this than meets the eye.
Perhaps his stay at one of the holiday camps, that is free board, meals and a bed with a roof over his head, might not be too pleasant.
I certainly hope so.

Then there was the story last night on the Idiot Box about a 17 year old in Britain attacking young children with a knife and killing 6 and injuring others.
Wouldn't like his chances when pinged up.

Yesterday mid afternoon I pulled out onto the road in front of my place to deliver some chemical to a client about 15k's east.
Up behind me roared a Govt plated 4wd.
I guess he thought that because he was driving a state owned vehicle he was untouchable.
I sat on about 97k and he was close enough so that I couldn't see the front of his vehicle.
Now this road doesn't have a lot of overtaking places for some k's.
It's amazing when you put on the lights how there is a sudden knee-jerk reaction from the moron behind, pulled back a fair bit, but when the overtaking lane came up roared past, on the horn a bird wave and then tried to cut me off.
This I was expecting and dropped back as he pulled in.
Got a good happy snap of his driving, gestures and plate number.
Local Sgt more than happy to oblige with a follow up.