Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

New website design

Thank you all for your very kind words! :)

Believe it or not this has been quite a long process

I believe it - we are having our business website revamped (going from frames to, um, something we can edit ourselves) and it is taking forever...........and lots of $$$$$ too!

Looks very nice-

From my point of view its very easy to get threw and more in your face look-

Thanks

Nick--:)

A great site, Joe, and well done on keeping it so good.

However, I do have to say this popular tendency towards lots of low-contrast pastel colour schemes is not great IMO. Maybe I'm just getting old :D, but everything is getting harder to read.

Just had the same issue with Outlook Express. To keep accessing Hotmail accounts with a client, you have to change to their new Windows Live Mail, and it's the same - all soft pastel colours with low contrast. So I'm moving from OE where everything was clear and easy to read, to this new damned thing where I have the constant urge to try and find the contrast knob to turn it up. The age of appearance over usability. Bring back DOS I say! :D

Cheers,
GP

Clean, professional presentation, Joe, well done.

IMO the difference between the new post icon and the no new post icon is too small and hard to see. Please consider making the new post icon more noticable, eg red bars, red arrow.

IMO the difference between the new post icon and the no new post icon is too small and hard to see. Please consider making the new post icon more noticable, eg red bars, red arrow.

However, I do have to say this popular tendency towards lots of low-contrast pastel colour schemes is not great IMO. Maybe I'm just getting old :D, but everything is getting harder to read.

Hi Gents. Just wanted you to know that I am taking your remarks on board and I can see a little room for some slight tweaking of this new design.

Keep the feedback coming. :)

:xyxthumbs on the new website design Joe. early this morning when the change came in i thought i was seeing things, just that nearly convinced me i had to go to bed! :D

yea looks good indeed
very good combo between bold/normal/colour lettering and backgroundcolours
it gives it a very easy overview
well done

Some of the fonts colours like the green used in the breadcrumb can be a little difficult to read at low screen brightness (MacBook Pro).

m.

Great job Joe!

However I am used to the old theme and I remember yesterday was available at the bottom of the site a combo box to choose between this new theme and the old one but now is gone! Could you guys make it available again to people who prefer it? I really like the old theme as it is the theme of another couple of forums which I read. Thanks!

Thank you all for your very kind words! :)

Believe it or not this has been quite a long process and it is a great relief to finally be able to introduce the new design. The happiness of ASF's members was always one of my primary considerations and it's very gratifying to know that most people have found the new design to be pleasing to the eye.

Very pleasing to the eye indeed and much easier to navigate your way around the site. I think the hard work has payed off. Keep up the good work fellas.

Keep the feedback coming. :)

Looks fantastic!

Seems a lot of vertical wasted space at the top. More scrolling! :p

Any chance of squeezing it all up a bit. Making the recent threads etc higher up?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using a small screen.