Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

My experience with the forex course Learn to Trade/Smartcharts by Greg Secker

Reactions
Hello everyone! I wanted to share my experience with Learn to Trade (www.learntotradegroup.com), a website that offers courses on forex currency trading, along with the Smartcharts software. I stumbled upon Learn to Trade after watching one of Greg Secker's YouTube adverts.

Firstly, I want to clarify that I'm not a financial guru, and I had zero experience in trading before diving into Learn to Trade. So, if you're a newbie like me, don't worry; they made me feel at ease.

I found the courses really helpful. Greg Secker himself endorses them, and that definitely adds a layer of credibility. The material is easy to understand, even for someone who didn't know what a pip was. They take you from the basics to more advanced strategies, so you're not just throwing your money into the forex abyss.

But what truly sets Learn to Trade apart is the Smartcharts software. It's probably my favourite part because all the charts initially looked so complicated. Smartcharts provides you with real-time data, analytics, and customisable charts, making it easier than ever to make informed trading decisions. The support and community they provide are fantastic too. There's always someone ready to help you out, whether it's through their webinars, online forums, or one-on-one sessions. It’s reassuring to know that you're not alone.

Now, I won't lie and say that I became an overnight millionaire. Realistically, I've only just started, and I've made a few hundred pounds. Forex trading takes time, practice, and a whole lot of discipline. But thanks to Learn to Trade and the legit guidance of Greg Secker, I feel confident in my forex trading abilities, and I've seen some decent gains along the way.

Just my 2 cents, so to speak. I'm also eager to connect with fellow traders who've had experience with Learn to Trade. It would be fantastic if you could share your insights and viewpoints. As I’ve just started, does anyone have any strategies suitable for beginners that they could recommend?

I reckon Secker has spent 000's advertising on my timeline alone. I have no idea whether the the material is useful or not, but jeez they hammer the advertising.

I reckon Secker has spent 000's advertising on my timeline alone. I have no idea whether the the material is useful or not, but jeez they hammer the advertising.
Yeah I got hit with them for ages before I went for it. But then again I'm always looking at trading things so probably makes me good to advertise to.

There's always two sides to every story, and there are plenty of unhappy campers willing to share their negative experiences with this mob.

A few months ago I actually signed up for one of their online introductory seminars. In our way would I ever sign up for the course, I have been long around long enough to know these are generally BS, but I like to see the marketing and psychological triggers they use.

It was the Aussie guy whose name I cannot remember who purportedly was trader of the year or something.

I got about halfway through before I couldn't handle it anymore, the transparent psychology was overwhelming and making me dry wretch.

The thing is there are so many free or quite low cost resources around social media.

TraderLion on YouTube has an ongoing series of videos at the moment for example, which I suspect would offer more value than the Secker's course, all completely free (The only catch is that the encourage people to subscribe to their site, but it's not in your face stuff and completely optional).

Additionally there is so much good macro information on YouTube, X, etc and elsewhere that it's ridiculous, all free.

There is no escaping that there are a very few mathematical principles, whether fundamental or technical you cannot get away from. These principles are everywhere, and quite freely given... Probably no more freely and in one place than right here on ASF.

Forex is fully scaleable, it can grow to any size you have the balls to trade.

Anyone who can make 100% a year will end up a billionaire, why on earth would they sell that for a few grand?

They know that one subscriber will share it with two or three mates and if it works there will very soon be dozens of buys and sells all sitting at the same level.

The next news event will trigger them and then head straight to their stops, which are also all sitting at the same level

Free money for the sharks🦈

The thing is there are so many free or quite low cost resources around social media.

TraderLion on YouTube has an ongoing series of videos at the moment for example, which I suspect would offer more value than the Secker's course, all completely free (The only catch is that the encourage people to subscribe to their site, but it's not in your face stuff and completely optional).

Additionally there is so much good macro information on YouTube, X, etc and elsewhere that it's ridiculous, all free.

There is no escaping that there are a very few mathematical principles, whether fundamental or technical you cannot get away from. These principles are everywhere, and quite freely given... Probably no more freely and in one place than right here on ASF.
Fair enough. For me, I like to be spoon fed so to speak. So just having everything I need in one place makes me sense for me personally.

To be honest, your experience really just sounds like advertising spiel.
caveat emptor

The exact same content has been posted at Forex Peace Army, Forex Forum, Trade2Win, and Forum.Forex. It was also posted at Earn Forex but subsequently removed. I know this because the thread currently shows in the Google search results but is no longer available on that website. See the screenshot taken from the Google search cache below.

It should be noted that all user names used to post the same content are different, which is very concerning. People reading can draw their own conclusions as to the reasons why. In my opinion, this looks less like someone seeking to share their honest experiences with a company and more like a coordinated attempt to post positive content about this specific vendor. Again, those reading can draw their own conclusions as to the reasons why.

webcache.googleusercontent.com-2023.10.07-16_36_09.jpg

Last edited: