Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mojo : Metals, Oil, Coal and Banks

threats and promises

OSINTdefender

@sentdefender
Follow
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRCG) has been spreading Threats today across several of their Channels, claiming that if Israel decides to launch an Attack on the Iranian Oil Industry, then they will Retaliate with Strike against Oil Facilities in Azerbaijan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates

Thanks. I haven’t read that until now. So the message is concentrate on the ASX as a standalone as other factors ex war affected it more in past conflicts.

Oil is moving up tonight so your concentration on its price is wise. Maybe give our Aussie dog WDS a feed tomorrow. Or STO.

gg
We hope so, that the above mentioned stocks including BPT make an uptick since oil was up last night. (don't think the big boys are watching what we're chatting about, so safe to whisper in your ears to check the price of oil now to before market opens, btw, it's slightly red) The needle's static. Also, this is news trading. Don't think oil has made a trend yet, GG. I could be wrong. There's a huge difference between news following and trend following. WDS and BPT are above what I think is the moving average, the huge gaps up lately deserves some caution. All good if they go well, but painful if not. So tempting to buy and hold now since these stocks are so low as they are now...all the best...

threats and promises

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
Follow
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRCG) has been spreading Threats today across several of their Channels, claiming that if Israel decides to launch an Attack on the Iranian Oil Industry, then they will Retaliate with Strike against Oil Facilities in Azerbaijan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates
I suppose muppets like me will be buying energy stocks today on the premise that they won’t fall any further in the short term and fear of missing out on a sudden big rise.

Everyone except the ole Trump says POO won’t rise. What does he know :cool: .

Then again for all his faults he is now less than 30 trading days from winning the election to be next POTUS. So I reckon he is correct and all the experts are wrong on the POO.

@eskys I started this before your post came up so it’s only you, me, @Dona Ferentes and his mate on Twitter/X who know.

gg

It's only you, me and Dona who knows. His mate is having surgery and won't be around for a couple of days, @Garpal Gumnut

Oil has gone green again, seems volatile
Yes volatility can mess with your head.

I’m in the local shopping centre with poor coverage with my VPN and the local braves looking mischievous so it’s a good excuse to do nothing without having to negotiate Comsec on an old iPhone.

gg

Yes volatility can mess with your head.

I’m in the local shopping centre with poor coverage with my VPN and the local braves looking mischievous so it’s a good excuse to do nothing without having to negotiate Comsec on an old iPhone.

gg
Good choice...love hanging out in shopping centres, the busyness, foot traffic, food stalls, cafes, weird kind of ambience that's attractive.

Goind off thread for a minute, you have Country Road in your shopping centre? Looks like retailers having a bad time....they had a meeting yesterday, news of retrenchment....snippet below, and a bit of other news:

The boss of scandal-ridden Country Road Group has conceded the fashion house has suffered its worst financial performance in its history and demands a total relook at its structure, new leadership teams and cutting costs – which will likely lead to job losses.

In a strategic play to survive, canned food company SPC, The Original Juice Co and powdered milk business Nature One will merge to create a new, bigger food manufacturer that will have more than $400m in annual sales and a stronger voice when dealing with the supermarket giants.

A bankruptcy dispute between billionaire Richard White and Sydney based beauty entrepreneur Linda Rogan “might be ugly”, a court has heard.

Good choice...love hanging out in shopping centres, the busyness, foot traffic, food stalls, cafes, weird kind of ambience that's attractive.

Goind off thread for a minute, you have Country Road in your shopping centre? Looks like retailers having a bad time....they had a meeting yesterday, news of retrenchment....snippet below, and a bit of other news:

The boss of scandal-ridden Country Road Group has conceded the fashion house has suffered its worst financial performance in its history and demands a total relook at its structure, new leadership teams and cutting costs – which will likely lead to job losses.

In a strategic play to survive, canned food company SPC, The Original Juice Co and powdered milk business Nature One will merge to create a new, bigger food manufacturer that will have more than $400m in annual sales and a stronger voice when dealing with the supermarket giants.

A bankruptcy dispute between billionaire Richard White and Sydney based beauty entrepreneur Linda Rogan “might be ugly”, a court has heard.

Just another day in paradiso.

I'm not much in to investing in retail to be honest. The coffee was nice.

gg

Last edited:
....Oil is moving up tonight so your concentration on its price is wise. Maybe give our Aussie dog WDS a feed tomorrow. Or STO.
and putting words in his mouth?

US President Joe Biden triggered a powerful surge in global oil markets on Thursday (Friday AEST), after suggesting that Iran’s oil fields might be the target of any Israeli retaliatory attack.

The price of West Texas Intermediate jumped more than 5 per cent, nearing $US74 a barrel, after President Biden said Israel and the US were “discussing” a strike on Iranian oil facilities