Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mojo : Metals, Oil, Coal and Banks

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
It is where it is at really. Metals, Oil, Coal and their Bankers.

I don't see why I should try and save the planet any more than I do while the Semitic cousins are making squillions out of Commodities and their Bankers. Watching them all fly in for COP made me realise what a mug I am.

You cannot save anything if you are poorer than the bastards who are ruining it.

So this arvo I've gone all in on Metals, Oil, Coal and their Bankers. There. I've said it. F**k em all and roll on a good New Year.

gg

It is where it is at really. Metals, Oil, Coal and their Bankers.

I don't see why I should try and save the planet any more than I do while the Semitic cousins are making squillions out of Commodities and their Bankers. Watching them all fly in for COP made me realise what a mug I am.

You cannot save anything if you are poorer than the bastards who are ruining it.

So this arvo I've gone all in on Metals, Oil, Coal and their Bankers. There. I've said it. F**k em all and roll on a good New Year.

gg
I've always thought tobacco stocks offer the most attractive risk/ reward profiles.

Shhh, Dona. GG's on the right path.

Edit: I read something along those lines somewhere...iron ore, banks and oil. Coal is up today, so may they all continue next week.
Blackrock, Goldman Sachs, The Financial Times, Barrons and Bloomberg I have noticed are continuously stealing your, @eskys , @Dona Ferentes and my best brainfarts and lines.

Is there anything we can do to get even, or maybe buy Tobacco stocks ( those disgusting bent over vape suckers, yukkk ) as well?

gg

Last edited:
Goes to show how smart we are, GG.

It's sweltering here, thought Jasper came down from Townsville this afternoon....things got blown all over the place. You're ok with the cyclone? Arrived at your doorstep yet?

Goes to show how smart we are, GG.

It's sweltering here, thought Jasper came down from Townsville this afternoon....things got blown all over the place. You're ok with the cyclone? Arrived at your doorstep yet?
Cyclone, what cyclone?

We tend not to panic until the roof starts a quivering. Having said that, the fifth Mrs Gumnut states "Computer says No" . She uses Wallys Weather.

gg

We tend not to panic until the roof starts a quivering.

gg

When one of the cyclones hit us in Cairns, we thought it was time to locate into our cyclone shelter when a large part of the neighbour's roof went flying past. In those days tobacco was a big thing on the Tablelands. The Tobacco Marketing crowd had signs inside the building "please Smoke in Our Office".

Watching oil today; the needle has swung from neutral to buy on investing.com (these indicators can swing quickly from left to right and vice versa) Can the geopolitical conflicts in the Middle East give oil more legs?

Crude Oil WTI Futures - Nov 24 (CLX4)​

Real-time derived

Currency in USD
Disclaimer
+1.14(+1.63%)

Watching oil today; the needle has swung from neutral to buy on investing.com (these indicators can swing quickly from left to right and vice versa) Can the geopolitical conflicts in the Middle East give oil more legs?

Crude Oil WTI Futures - Nov 24 (CLX4)​

Real-time derived

Currency in USD
Disclaimer
+1.14(+1.63%)
I guess it depends on the Saudis. The mob in Opec + are a mob and have no strategic means of moving the price.

gg

I guess it depends on the Saudis. The mob in Opec + are a mob and have no strategic means of moving the price.

gg
You probably right, GG.

Whilst the following link is about how geopolitical tensions affect the ASX, I'm thinking about how it will impact the price of oil.The needle didn't stay long on 'buy' It's back to 'neutral' now.

You probably right, GG.

Whilst the following link is about how geopolitical tensions affect the ASX, I'm thinking about how it will impact the price of oil.The needle didn't stay long on 'buy' It's back to 'neutral' now.

Thanks. I haven’t read that until now. So the message is concentrate on the ASX as a standalone as other factors ex war affected it more in past conflicts.

Oil is moving up tonight so your concentration on its price is wise. Maybe give our Aussie dog WDS a feed tomorrow. Or STO.

gg