Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Michael J Fox and Parkinson's

Reactions
Outstanding documentary on Apple about Michael J Fox. Was a 5'2" superstar in Hollywood and at 29 was diagonosed with parkinson.
What has happened since ?

Just for a start the Fox Foundation he started has distributed more than $2B on research into Parkinson - more than the US government.
He is a total optimist
He credits Parkinson with saving his life.

Lots to think about here.

Outstanding documentary on Apple about Michael J Fox. Was a 5'2" superstar in Hollywood and at 29 was diagonosed with parkinson.
What has happened since ?

Just for a start the Fox Foundation he started has distributed more than $2B on research into Parkinson - more than the US government.
He is a total optimist
He credits Parkinson with saving his life.

Lots to think about here.

5'2"? Unless you're talkin' about maybe when he was a child actor, https://www.google.com.au/search?q=michael+j+fox+height says resoundingly 5'4" as an adult in its results. Two inches probably matters a fair bit down there. But even at the other extreme, 6'3 is a proper tall man... 6'5 is like a giant.

Six plus up to about 6'6" is a pretty normal height these days. My two blokes are 6'4" and 6'5" while I am the dwarf at 6'1"
I used to play cricket with some Serbian friends back when I were a lad.

Rama the elder at 6'5", Rama the younger at 6'9" and Shane at 6'8".

Me at 5'7½" made for some interesting times for me at the crease. We were great friends, but those bouncers were farkin malicious :laugh:

Lol 6'6" as pretty normal - I love an anecdotal contrarian; I have the same tendency to take the opposite side to a thesis presented. That oppositional impulse is partly why the so-called Hegelian dialectic (thesis, antithesis, synthesis) works on folks.

Over 6'5 is still way tall - eg, in below US study every man over 6'5 combined is approximately only 1 percent. In financial affairs we tend to call the top 1% the elite, ie, not normal. High IQ societies tend start at the top 2%.

Aaaaaanyway, how 'bout that Michael J Fox guy?

Six plus up to about 6'6" is a pretty normal height these days. My two blokes are 6'4" and 6'5" while I am the dwarf at 6'1"
Freakin hobbit !
Let's play dwarf chucking.

1706959607933.gif

Did anyone read either of the articles on Michael Fox ? Just curious becasue the only conversation has been whether he was 5' 2" or 5' 4". I thought there was far more in the story than that snippet.

Did anyone read either of the articles on Michael Fox ? Just curious becasue the only conversation has been whether he was 5' 2" or 5' 4". I thought there was far more in the story than that snippet.
Interestingly I read that he has raised more money for the disease than the USofA government has put in.

Interestingly I read that he has raised more money for the disease than the USofA government has put in.

Yeah I believe I opened the discussion with that point. But what is far more interesting is how he raised the funds, how it was spent and the steps he took to make sure it was well used. He turned the "normal" philanthropic trust model on its head. Check it out.