Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Little Thieves

You won't get change in the current environment. List is way to long.

I shouldn't have said leftist policies, but rather this woke infiltration.

A good example I was told by those at the pointy end a program was set-up here in WA in certain communities to provide safe areas for women and kids also involved getting the kids to school. They were told funding was for 10 years.

It worked domestic violence rates drop dramatically, kids went to school plus a whole heap of other positives.

Three years later change of government program cancelled...

Note a Voice would have been able to call that out.

A good example I was told by those at the pointy end a program was set-up here in WA in certain communities to provide safe areas for women and kids also involved getting the kids to school. They were told funding was for 10 years.

It worked domestic violence rates drop dramatically, kids went to school plus a whole heap of other positives.

@IFocus Funding is stopped does that mean the cash gravy train was no longer available so the old ways returned.
If this was the case then nothing will ever change.

Yeah the problem with a lot of programs I'd that they are doomed to fail.
The longer term solutions that can be implemented quickly can cause other problems.

Police quash social media video of damage at Broome house where children were restrained by cable ties​

• In short: Vision of a Broome property with damage to doors and windows was posted on Facebook on Thursday.
  • The post insinuated the footage was taken at the house where a man allegedly cable tied three young children who entered the property.
  • But police say there was no vandalism, either on Tuesday or in the days since, and the vision posted was old.

Tough guy strutting around like he is heavy weight champion of the world after overpowering a six year old girl and seven year old boy.:mad:

@IFocus Funding is stopped does that mean the cash gravy train was no longer available so the old ways returned.
If this was the case then nothing will ever change.

Unfortunately the end price is kids coming from dysfunctional / violent backgrounds end up costing $2k a day to lock up which then guarantees a future criminal (reoffending rates of 80% to 90%) who goes on to breed the next generation and on it goes.

Not just Aboriginals areas around SP and myself have the same problems.

In regard to locking up kids I was told the other day Australia has one of the highest rates with Queensland being the highest in Australia is that a reflection of our community standards where we don't know how to raise kids?

So th
Unfortunately the end price is kids coming from dysfunctional / violent backgrounds end up costing $2k a day to lock up which then guarantees a future criminal (reoffending rates of 80% to 90%) who goes on to breed the next generation and on it goes.

Not just Aboriginals areas around SP and myself have the same problems.

In regard to locking up kids I was told the other day Australia has one of the highest rates with Queensland being the highest in Australia is that a reflection of our community standards where we don't know how to raise kids?
So the millions of dollars that is poured into the "Aboriginal Industry" is a total waste.
If that money wasn't there what would change for the communities in general.
I would venture to say zilch.
The only losers would be the "fat cats" at the top of the tree doing the rorting.
If the children are not attending school, then that is a drastic failing on the parents and Governments shared.
I was under the impression that attending was compulsory.

the end price is kids coming from dysfunctional / violent backgrounds end up costing $2k a day to lock up which then guarantees a future criminal (reoffending rates of 80% to 90%) who goes on to breed the next generation
Surely there's got to be a better way.

Break the cycle somehow.

Surely there's got to be a better way.

Break the cycle somehow.

On another forum I watched some CCTV footage from a servo in Darwin, young people are simply walking in and stealing things from the shelves and walking out with them.

Smaller stores within the main shopping centre keep their front doors locked and customers have to knock to be admitted.

When asked why no police action the shopkeepers say the Police can do nothing as the judges simply release them back to their parents.

All this is bad now BUT to me the tragedy is what does this do for the future, if we allow this to continue in 5 years time all these out of control kids are adults.

It will become total anarchy unless someone enforces laws of some sort, if not general law and order then perhaps we enforce tribal law.

Traditional aboriginal lifestyles have just as any laws as our society, the main difference being physical punishment rather than prison.

Examples: You could not steal things, you could not beat your wife, you could not neglect the welfare of your children, you had to work to stay in the tribe, these are just some laws.

Maybe that is what needs to happen, get the Elders involved with Aboriginal Police to form some sort of patrol.

They are needed in all towns and cities across the Top End to curb anti social behaviour now and to give guidance and support for the next generation.

It cannot be done from Canberra it must be hands on locals with supervised funding for patrol vehicles and wages.

On another forum I watched some CCTV footage from a servo in Darwin, young people are simply walking in and stealing things from the shelves and walking out with them.

Smaller stores within the main shopping centre keep their front doors locked and customers have to knock to be admitted.

When asked why no police action the shopkeepers say the Police can do nothing as the judges simply release them back to their parents.

All this is bad now BUT to me the tragedy is what does this do for the future, if we allow this to continue in 5 years time all these out of control kids are adults.

It will become total anarchy unless someone enforces laws of some sort, if not general law and order then perhaps we enforce tribal law.

Traditional aboriginal lifestyles have just as any laws as our society, the main difference being physical punishment rather than prison.

Examples: You could not steal things, you could not beat your wife, you could not neglect the welfare of your children, you had to work to stay in the tribe, these are just some laws.

Maybe that is what needs to happen, get the Elders involved with Aboriginal Police to form some sort of patrol.

They are needed in all towns and cities across the Top End to curb anti social behaviour now and to give guidance and support for the next generation.

It cannot be done from Canberra it must be hands on locals with supervised funding for patrol vehicles and wages.
I would venture to say that the money is there, well sort of. It's not getting to the grass roots we know that. The fat cats make sure of it.
What is needed is politicians with coconuts to make the hard call and make sure that the funding gets to where it should be, not in the pockets of city centric so-called leaders.

Looks like the NSW government has had enough of youth crime and is going to make it harder for offenders to get bail for some crimes.

About time, nothing else has worked.

It's to be hoped that being enlightened and it's my right have now gone the distance and proper justice may be served out.

You do realise these laws and bail measures will not make any difference to the crime rate.

It does make it feel more just though, which is good in itself, so I'm in favour of the biff. The more biff the better.

gg

You do realise these laws and bail measures will not make any difference to the crime rate.

It does make it feel more just though, which is good in itself, so I'm in favour of the biff. The more biff the better.

gg
gg I have mentioned it before. We had a rogue family and the offspring were notorious for thieving. The local Sgt doing his last 3 years before retirement soon sorted them out. Bif, whack and boom.