Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

July 2024 Stock Tipping Competition Entry Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone and welcome to the July 2024 stock tipping competition entry thread! :)

The July 2024 stock tipping competition is proudly sponsored by TradingView, a charting platform and social network used by 50M+ traders and investors worldwide to spot opportunities across global markets.
  • Technical analysis done right with 400+ built-in indicators and strategies, 100,000+ public indicators, 110+ smart drawing tools, Volume Profile indicators, Candlestick patterns recognition, Multi-timeframe analysis and Auto Chart Patterns.
  • Never miss a trade with powerful, flexible and ultra-precise trading alerts that can be created directly from charts. Cloud-based, they are available on any device and can be powered by Pine Script®.
  • Perform comprehensive financial analysis with an extensive array of fundamental data for all major stock exchanges including 100+ fundamentals, financial reports, valuation analysis and historical data.
  • Simulate real trading right on your chart. Test ready-made or self-written strategies in real-time based on historical data.
Register through a link at ASF to receive $15 off the price of your first subscription. :xyxthumbs

A quick recap of the rules for those not familiar with them:

1. Each entrant may choose one ASX listed stock. Options, warrants and deferred settlement shares are not permitted.

2. Stocks with a price of less than $0.01 are ineligible for the competition, as are stocks that are currently suspended from trading.

3. Either before or after posting your entry and before the deadline for entries you must post in the forum thread of the stock you have entered providing either a general update or a view on why you think the share price is going to increase in the short term.

4. The winner is the entrant whose selected stock performs the best in percentage terms between the close of trading on 28 June (entry price) and the close of trading on 31 July.

5. The maximum number of entrants in the competition is 100.

The entry price for all entries is the closing price on the last trading day of this month.

The competition winner will receive $100. The second placegetter will win $50 and the third placegetter $25.

You have until midnight on Sunday, 30 June to enter. However, in practice entries can be submitted until this thread is closed. No entries submitted after that can be accepted for any reason.

Please post your entries in this thread. Remember, once you have selected your stock, you CANNOT change it for any reason.

Best of luck to all entrants! :xyxthumbs
Hello @Joe Blow Trust you are finishing the weekend well and contemplating the deserving loss of Aussie Cricket team against the world champion T20 team (The West Australian newspaper was too shy to even publish it :).
Leaving the bantor, I used the link you have provided for subscription of Trading view.
It did not provide any suggestion of giving any benefit of $15 subscription so I opted for one month free trial instead.
You would have noticed the subscription is billed in US$. Which also means fluctuation of AUD/USD rate and additional fee and charges by Australian credit cards for paying in USD. Not a big deal but personally I try to avoid such foreign fee transactions .
Just FYI to make you aware.
EDITED UPDATE @Joe Blow -
after enrolling for a trial 30 days offer, I got a 50% discount offer. I am unsure if it was related to your expectation of $15 off and could be for every new subscriber. Nonetheless, so long Trading View provides ASF a referral fee for using your link, I am happier.

Cheers
1719734319919.png1719735875168.png

Last edited:
After a seriously reviewing the videos of last months race, I have had an informative chat with DXB's trainer. It appears the Jockey on board took no notice of the trainers instructions of how to run the race.
The blimina thing just bolted from the starting gate and then with less than half the race completed just run simply out of puff.
So I have had serious talk with the Jockey and Trainer together and even though I have had little to do with horses other than the ones that come in a can that I fed to the dog.

I think however we may have come to an understanding after explaining how my opposition @Ferret, @Dona Ferentes did bide there time and only at the end made their run for the line, even @Garpal Gumnut gave it a go, and @brerwallabi, well just hung in there.
For the reasons stated I have decided to run DXB again in this months race please Joe.

All the best with your pix

bux

Status
Not open for further replies.