Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

GLP-1 agonists; diabetes drug and now weight loss

and these comments from Resmed CEO Michael Farrell give a twist to conventional thinking that CPAP would be impacted

On GLP-1s: "We believe that increased utilization of GLP-1s to treat obesity will bring many new people into the healthcare funnel, activating them to see their primary care physicians, as they strive to achieve and maintain weight loss."

On weight-loss drug users: "For patients prescribed a GLP-1 medication, the latest data show a 10.7 absolute percentage points higher propensity to start PAP therapy* over those without a GLP-1 prescription."

*Positive Airway Pressure therapy

"Novo Nordisk has exceeded the Danish nation’s GDP, and they are now the biggest company in Europe in terms of market capitalisation,” says a Copenhagen Business School economist. “Almost 20 per cent of all new Danish jobs in 2023 were created by Novo Nordisk – we’ve never had that before,” he adds.

Novo Nordisk has always played a large part in Danish society but now, with the spread of the injectable weight-loss medication Wegovy, it has become a globally recognised name. Bloomberg and Fortune recently put the company’s market value at $US570 billion, while Goldman Sachs estimates that by 2030 the global market for anti-obesity medications could grow to $US100 billion.

For 6 months I've been using allulose, or a combo of allulose and monk fruit as a coffee sweetner.
It's said to behave as a mild GLP-1 agonist and has little or no effects on blood glucose or insulin?
I haven't noticed any weight loss but might have lower food cravings that I can ascribe to it - not sure.
Main reason I use it is to combat 'metabolic syndrome' - i.e for blood glucose and insulin control.
Taste-wise it's closer to sugar than anything else I've tried. I get it shipped from iHerb.

For 6 months I've been using allulose, or a combo of allulose and monk fruit as a coffee sweetner.
It's said to behave as a mild GLP-1 agonist and has little or no effects on blood glucose or insulin?
I haven't noticed any weight loss but might have lower food cravings that I can ascribe to it - not sure.
Main reason I use it is to combat 'metabolic syndrome' - i.e for blood glucose and insulin control.
Taste-wise it's closer to sugar than anything else I've tried. I get it shipped from iHerb.

My turn to give you medical advice after your recommendation to go and contact rotten former PM Julia organisation for psychiatry checkup...😔
We grow in tropical sunny coast : yacon, or Peruvian ground apple.
Juice can be used as sugar even for diabetics ..or just much as a snack
Available in green shops or local markets and swap meeting in Qld

Yacon eh? Will check it out. I'm in northern rivers NSW, so I suspect I would need a processed form that I can buy on iHerb.
I have self diagnosed metabolic syndrome or possibly diabetes. I've never gone to a medico to get a diagnosis. I do what I can at home, including almost giving up alcohol, losing some weight more activity, no added table sugar and lots of supplements.
Just joking about Beyond Blue in case it was obscure.

Yacon eh? Will check it out. I'm in northern rivers NSW, so I suspect I would need a processed form that I can buy on iHerb.
I have self diagnosed metabolic syndrome or possibly diabetes. I've never gone to a medico to get a diagnosis. I do what I can at home, including almost giving up alcohol, losing some weight more activity, no added table sugar and lots of supplements.
Just joking about Beyond Blue in case it was obscure.
Yacon will grow in your area1000002521.jpgthey sell it there.

What you may need this, go for low sugar reduce starch and get good meat fish stop seed oil but use macadamia oil..plentiful in your area, olive oil and butter cream
Edited to correct

Novo Nordisk says new obesity pill reduces weight by 13.1pc

Ozempic maker Novo Nordisk says its highly anticipated experimental weight-loss pill Amycretin was safe and tolerable for patients in an early-stage trial, with mild-to-moderate side effects.

The company said in March that a phase-one trial of the pill version of Amycretin showed participants lost up to 13.1 per cent of their weight after 12 weeks. That compared to weight loss of about 6 per cent after 12 weeks and 15 per cent after 68 weeks in trials of Wegovy.

Novo presented full data from the phase one study at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Madrid on Wednesday.

“What we see in the study period is a 13.1 per cent weight loss with a side-effect profile comparable to what we normally see with incretin-based therapy, so primarily gastrointestinal side effects,” Martin Holst Lange, Novo’s head of development, said.

One serious but non-fatal adverse event was reported during the trial with 60 participants, according to the data presented at the conference. There were no reports of severe side effects for patients taking Amycretin, while there were a total of 242 reports of mild and moderate side effects.

Amycretin targets the same gut hormone that Wegovy mimics, known as GLP-1, but also a pancreas hormone called amylin that affects hunger.
In the Amycretin trial, the side effects were related to gastrointestinal discomfort, including nausea and vomiting, similar to those seen in trials of its other medicines from the same drug class.

Apple Cider Vinegar also reduces the effects of amylin (ie slows it down - slows down the process of breaking up sucrose into its two separate components: fructose and glucose.) ACV also has a lot of other benefits. Just drink a teaspoon with a cup of water through a straw and rinse your teeth straight after.
Why take Amycretin if it makes you feel sick? 🤮🤷🏻‍♂️

Tip for anyone nauseated by apple cider vinegar. I hated the stuff but now take it daily diluted with water before my meal. What you can do is have another drink ready to hand - can be anything you like, such as coffee, smoothie, or even a piece of fruit like an orange, but not water. Then you pinch your nose hard and slug down the diluted ACV - all that you'll experience is the neutral acid sensation. Maintaining the pinch on your nose, chase the ACV away with the other drink. It works because the disgusting 'taste' of ACV is primarily olfactory.

Last edited: