Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Cultivation of Facial Hair and Sociopathy

Reactions
Has anyone else formed the observation that cultivated facial hair is often a giveaway for narcissistic or even socio or psychopathic traits? I think there's a link with criminal tendencies.

I hasten to apologise to any here who have disgusting hair on their faces, especially those who succumb to the indolence of avoiding shaving for days/weeks (mea culpa). And I do have compassion for those who have insecurities and need to look more intellectual or to be taken seriously as they function in society.

But I'm referring to those who have obviously taken significant time in front of a mirror to train their facial hair into some style that they feel will make an impression on others. A close cousin to this pathology is any male person who has fashionef their head hair to make an impact, even if it's to shave it all off. Remember those loathsome skinheads who would closely crop their head hair but leave dangly bits at the back, or even a rat's tail?

I watch a lot of YouTube and a lot of that viewing reality crime channels to feed and stoke my conservative rage.
To get to the crux of my thesis, I have noticed time and time again, killers, rapists, conmen and all types of serious offenders reveal that they have not been able to resist taking time out of their busy day to stand before a mirror gazing at themselves and screwing around with their hair.

I've omitted females from this scathing critique because they're almost all narcissists anyway and are obseessed with their appearance and hair.

200.gif

Interesting, I do like novel ideas; but if I was your thesis supervisor I might say it's hard to demonstrate. Very low percentage of men are typically sociopaths/psychopaths. Lots of guys with "cultivated" facial hair. I'll spare everyone everyone by spamming pics of Bundy and all the other mainly clean-shaven baddies :p

Bundy grew facial hair at times.

I venture to correct a classic logical error you're making there @StockyGuy, I wasn't meaning to say that most guys who cultivate facial or head hair are socio/pschyopaths, I was saying a disproportionate number of narcissists and socio/psychopaths have been drawn compulsively to the mirror and have decorated their appearance thusly while hallucinating an image of themselves. They also tend more to tattoos of course. Anyway, I've already sent this idea off to FBI criminal profiling, but lately there's been a strange looking fellow parked near my house during work hours.

A Star rating from iFocus .. hmm 🤔

Bundy grew facial hair at times.

I venture to correct a classic logical error you're making there @StockyGuy, I wasn't meaning to say that most guys who cultivate facial or head hair are socio/pschyopaths, I was saying a disproportionate number of narcissists and socio/psychopaths have been drawn compulsively to the mirror and have decorated their appearance thusly while hallucinating an image of themselves. They also tend more to tattoos of course. Anyway, I've already sent this idea off to FBI criminal profiling, but lately there's been a strange looking fellow parked near my house during work hours.

A Star rating from iFocus .. hmm 🤔

lol yep I thought afterwards I was possibly straw manning a bit - being a bit reductionist. I think the thesis would need a lot more moving parts, though. I think you're more describing narcissism - but yes lots of comorbidity there if American Psycho film is anything to go by lol.

A close cousin to this pathology is any male person who has fashionef their head hair to make an impact, even if it's to shave it all off.

Sometimes this essential - to not look like a sociopath.

against regulation to have a zero clip in the army?
In the early 1980's , I got a fright after a visit to a barber shop , down in the bowels of the N. Y. City subway . I was wearing my woolen U. S . Army shirt , at the time ,when I asked for a bit of a trim .
Came out looking almost like Kojak !