Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CHM - Chimeric Therapeutics

Reactions
Chimeric Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing a breakthrough cancer cell therapy drug which was discovered at the prestigious City of Hope Cancer Centre in Los Angeles, California.

Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T Cell therapy is regarded as one of the most promising areas of cancer research today. CAR T cell therapy is a commercially relevant and powerful therapeutic modality that engineers a patient's T cells to establish de novo antitumor immunity targeting cancer cells. The technology has generated high clinical response rates primarily in blood cancers. The first CAR T cell products have been recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma.

Chimeric's CAR T technology, known as CTLX-CAR T, has completed many years of pre-clinical research and in September 2020 dosing of patients with glioblastoma (brain cancer) commenced as part of Phase 1 clinical trials at City of Hope Cancer Centre in Los Angeles.

Chimeric has the worldwide exclusive licence to technology from City of Hope pursuant to a Licence Agreement.

It is anticipated that CHM will list on the ASX during January 2021.

possibly will happen:

Listing date18 January 2021 #
Contact detailshttps://www.chimerictherapeutics.com/
Ph: +61 3 9824 5254
Principal ActivitiesChimeric is a biotechnology company developing a cancer cell therapy drug
GICS industry groupTBA
Issue Price$0.20
Issue TypeOrdinary Fully Paid Shares
Security codeCHM
Capital to be Raised$35,000,000
Expected offer close date14 December 2020
UnderwriterNot underwritten. Bell Potter Securities Limited and Baker Young Limited (Joint Lead Managers)

CAR T cell treatment company Chimeric Therapeutics (ASX:CHM) is understood to have easily achieved its IPO fundraising target of $35m ahead of its ASX listing timed for Monday. Institutional investors have expressed strong interest in the IPO priced at 20c per share, along with sophisticated investors, leading to the offer being heavily oversubscribed. “The capital raising for $35 million is all done and came in early,” said a source close to the IPO that closed to investors in mid-December. Chimeric Therapeutics initially intended to raise only $25m in its IPO, but according to the source, this target was raised by another $10m such was the interest from long-term institutional investors.
The company has developed a therapy treatment for solid tumours based on research at the City of Hope Cancer Centre in Los Angeles. Known as CLTX-CAR T the therapy uses chlorotoxin, a peptide discovered in scorpion venom, to reprogram a patient’s T cells to target cancer cells. The therapy is currently undergoing phase one clinical trials at the City of Hope Cancer Centre in treating glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. A type of immunotherapy, CAR T cell treatment is short for Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell therapy. It involves taking some of a patient’s white blood cells, re-engineers these in a laboratory to more effectively target cancer cells, and re-injects them into the patient.
The company wishes to move on to a patient study involving 50 to 75 people following the completion of its phase one clinical trial later this year.

listed today , @ 20c a share

Pretty standard price and volume action. Intraday, 3 minute chart:
1610946880079.png

listed today , @ 20c a share

Pretty standard price and volume action. Intraday, 3 minute chart:
View attachment 118619
CHM is really going well considering the price changed since January posting and market price noted on Dona's post.

I am liking the stock for many reasons-
1. Technical Strength
2. Marketing strength
3. Connection with peer group
4. Phase 1 going on at a coveted place .
5. Price holding

I do hold IMU and ecstatic to see the connection between IMU and CHM

Leslie Chong - non executive director. Leslie is the pioneering doctor in MHM. Not by fluke.

1616069566209.png

Attachments

• 1616069454645.png
    1616069454645.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 17
Some very auspicious looking personnel appointments lately. The new director announced today was with Celgene from start-up days and Celgene was bought out by Bristol-Myer Squibb for US $74B in 2019. Same field of endeavour. There was also a prior appointment of a seniour technician who spent 15 years with Cellgene.

Not Held

Screenshot_20210705-134410_OneDrive.jpg

Some very auspicious looking personnel appointments lately. The new director announced today was with Celgene from start-up days and Celgene was bought out by Bristol-Myer Squibb for US $74B in 2019. Same field of endeavour. There was also a prior appointment of a seniour technician who spent 15 years with Cellgene.

Not Held

View attachment 127027
@finicky - I liked the word 'auspicious' - hope you are not going to call a clairvoyant :) :).
On a serious note, the cross functional interests between CHM and IMU are immense.

Annual tip pick - Hopper, Chong and others have skin in the game. Self interest is a good horse to back.

The market's immediate response to a strongly dilutive entitlement offer - roughly adding a third onto the quoted shares and double that if the attached options are ever exercised. Offer @ 0.17, closed @ 0.16

big (92).gif

The market's immediate response to a strongly dilutive entitlement offer - roughly adding a third onto the quoted shares and double that if the attached options are ever exercised. Offer @ 0.17, closed @ 0.16

View attachment 138007
This is one of my bad investments. The company showed the wrong finger to existing shareholders as well :mad:

@Miner , thinking of getting into it. A Tony Locantro pick for 2022, mind you he has probably done brokerage services to them. He's a fan of the main guy, Hopper I think?

Tony still keen apparently. Admits it's raising at a low point. Says read the preso and it's a "massive opportunity". Yeah maybe - it's a chart watch for me. CHM comments start at 3.30

I have a poor history with development stage biotechs and tend to stay away. Nonetheless, tossed the chart and bought a first and maybe final tranche @ 0.155. Mostly because of Locantro's recco and the little I've read about the founder.

What a mini disaster this has been so far for those with a pecuniary motive (aka, me)
I'm down 75% on my piddly holding. The gloss of the Midas touch has dimmed to less than a faint glow on Paul Hopper. Also on T Locantro. They're almost red flags by now.
Another highly dilutive capital raising, this one skilfully fashioned to lure in retail, with management putting in @ 0.046 while offering a SPP @ 0.04 maximum, but lower if share price is lower than 0.04.
Boy can they burn through cash: started off with Jan 2021 ipo cash of $35m @ 0.20 according to an early post on this thread, back at the ATM in Feb 2022, very dilutive 0.17, now back raising ~$5m @ probably less than 0.04.

Held, d'oh

Screenshot_20230515-141714_Drive.jpg

up today. ... but well off earlier on
US Food and Drug Administration has cleared the Investigational New Drug application of CHM 2101, the company’s first in class CDH17 CAR T cell therapy for gastrointestinal cancers.

CHM plans to investigate CHM 2101 in a multi-centre, open label Phase 1A/B clinical trial for patients with advanced colorectal cancer, gastric cancer and neuroendocrine tumours.

since listing ...ended at 3.2c today on significant volume.
Screenshot_20231031-201930_CommSec.jpg

More volume, trend of small bodied candles - sometimes signifies a bottom.
Sector seems to be heating up? At least in the short term. I don't follow it - too many unknown unknowns for me.

Held

MONTHLY ALL DATA
big (97).gif