Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Bad news for Muslims and meat eaters

Anyway I eat chicken. Lets see them glue those together.

That was hard

http://www.enzymesolutions.com.au/catalogue/4462/protein-processing.html

Protibond TG EB3
Sprinkle type transglutaminase enzyme for binding meat, chicken and fish to form value-added products with

* Better portion control
* Efficient use of trim material
* Ability to tenderize trim and then form portions
* Reduced use of salt or phosphate binders
* Easy to use process

Ew.

We eat what grows in the garden, plus a few bits from the shop bread/pasta/rice, greek fetta cheese from Vic cows and Devondale butter (ingredients: milk, water, salt) for animal protein.

Whoever said humans are designed to be vegetarian, or to eat plants rather than animals hasn't studied anatomy, or studied it very well. Cut open an herbivore and you'll see all sorts of crazy adaptations required for their diet. Cut open a bear, dog and human and you'll find three very similar digestive systems, which are completely and utterly unlike any vegetarian species. Sure, check out the digestive system of a shark or snake and you'll see something different again, which means we shouldn't have an exclusive diet of raw meat.

Someone said something ridiculous like "If we can eat it why can't they breathe it in?"
...now, if we were to get virtually any food, freeze dry it, turn it into a fine powder, and inhale it, it wouldn't do us any good. Inhaling any powder is bad for you for that matter. In this case, the enzyme (while a dry powder) will stick proteins together, which wouldn't be great for your lungs (having bits of your lungs stuck together isn't good for you), but once it has done its job and become inactive it won't hurt you.

Don't get me wrong, eating pretend steak isn't good, mainly because of the extra bacterial exposure, and that exposure being internal within the steak. You'd definitely want it to be cooked right through (not rare).

Lots of chicken products are composite and have been for many decades. Chicken nuggets don't even contain much chicken, chicken 'fillets' from Subway are made of some bits of chicken mixed with fillers and crap, and mashed together. Some chicken parmas at pubs don't actually contain any chicken at all (I know a lot of people are fooled by all these, but don't ask me how anyone can fail to realise).

I'm not sure which 'expert' was unable to tell the difference between a genuine fillet and a composite piece of meat, but his title needs to be lowered from 'expert' to 'guy who was paid by Today Tonight to lie'.

I'm not sure all those great thinkers were vegetarian, it sounds like a myth. Albert Einstein was a big smoker. Perhaps you'll be telling us that we should take that habit up!

There were more silly out of context statistics etc, but this post is already too long and boring.

Gee there's some crap posted online!