Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ASX Small Caps Performance over the years? Backtesting trading system question

Was just an observation of what I've seen around the traps for systems, where that info is available.
What's your minimum for your scans Mr Duck, or is it $0.001 ?
Don't have one.
Yes, a brilliant but "fast" paced strategy. Works for you and I, however for some, slow and steady wins the race.
My observations are that tickers under 10c need to be traded in line with their volatility.
If there is a 30-100% move they will correct just as violently. If your not on top of this you'll
feel like your being Whipsawed to death. If your aware of it and can read ANY chart 5-15 min
There is a good chance you'll get a big chunk of what's on offer. You dont even have to be Perfect
in your timing---just decisive!

Playing slow and steady in a highly volatile ticker is not going to end well in a very large majority of cases.
You will get the odd 10 bagger but you'll also see countless 30-100% fast moves pass you by or worse
given to you only the hand back often in the very same day!

Larger caps are a little more forgiving but need more capital. NVX has been very good of late.
BUT while I've held I've seen 3 good moves come and reverse! Could have been much less risk
and more in profit (Realized) had I traded it!--Time for me is the enemy.

There is a lot to be made in this end of town but not for the Procrastinator! His capital is mine!