Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ANZAC Day 2020

Well I cant say I was blinded by the lights up and down the street at dawn, a little bit of rain and who knew when to actually start and finish before and after dawn. Anyway lets hope we can return to memorials next year.
Something I was really impressed with and I hope it stays, was Music from the Home Front on Channel 9 a 'concert' from the home studios of many Aussie and Kiwi music icons. Well Done. Very refreshing to hear them play in this casual style. A great way to finish the day.

If you want a book to read 'A Fortunate Life" by A B Facey....Have not read it for years ,but it is in my shed somewhere.It left a lasting impression on me.The story of an ordinary soldier from WA's wheatbelt around WW1 and beyond.

I read it when I was quite young, maybe 18 early 80s. Someone gave it to me for Christmas.

It was a fantastic book but can't remember much about it now. Must read it again.

I was reading about the Cowra breakout. Largest mass escape in WW2, more than 1000 over the wire.

My uncle, recently enlisted, was training there at the time; given a rifle and sent on patrol. Saw active duty on home soil.