Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

29M - 29Metals Limited

While the recent Uluru waterfalls have been stunning to see, they show the amount of rain that the area has received.

29M now becomes a one asset company with the temporary closure of ESS. They've huge debt ($110M) and their AISC of copper is US$4.12/lb. Too high!. The incoming CEO has to cut costs, manage capital and get the ESS dewatered asap.

I've sold my remaining parcel (half as I sold half at 0.51) and I'll monitor this one for a reversal opp when production recommences at ESS.

There's still potential in the future for 29M if the POC rallies to the outrageous prices (>$5/lb) that some pundits state.

April 24 update: Dewatering of ESS (Capricorn Copper project) continues. Capital expenditure required to resume production.

29M has continued to progress the insurance claim relating to loss and damage suffered as a result of the extreme weather event at Capricorn Copper in March 23. Insurers issued a progress payment $24M H2 23 and another $16M recently.

Golden Grove costs increasing to $4.05/lb Cu sold (prior qtr $3.06/lb Cu sold).
No change to 2024 guidance ranges.

It's just a matter of time waiting for the weather damage to be repaired at ESS before production resumes.

Ex BHP I believe, James Palmer appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of 29Metals, commencing on 1 May 2024. Punting that this will favourably bolster the SP.
Chosen as May 2024 stock tip.

Ex BHP I believe, James Palmer appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of 29Metals, commencing on 1 May 2024. Punting that this will favourably bolster the SP.
Chosen as May 2024 stock tip.
Can I take a short position in 29M for May? 29M have old washed-up deposits which do not exactly lend themselves to "big" company BHP/RIO optimization methods. Look at the bios of management and board.... I see people used to a certain workstyle which you find with big players. They've got 1 operating mine now? and they have 12 senior managers listed on the website!!!

Other than a metal price increase - I think this company needs to focus on wheeling and dealing to get things moving upwards... Maybe use their big company connections to raise capital and buy mothballed mines. Golden Grove is old - it's only going to get deeper and more expensive to mine. Does this company even do exploration?

Can I take a short position in 29M for May? 29M have old washed-up deposits which do not exactly lend themselves to "big" company BHP/RIO optimization methods. Look at the bios of management and board.... I see people used to a certain workstyle which you find with big players. They've got 1 operating mine now? and they have 12 senior managers listed on the website!!!

Other than a metal price increase - I think this company needs to focus on wheeling and dealing to get things moving upwards... Maybe use their big company connections to raise capital and buy mothballed mines. Golden Grove is old - it's only going to get deeper and more expensive to mine. Does this company even do exploration?

Cheers @The Triangle
Thanks for the info. Yes, there are better, much much better prospects, however, chose this for the comp. on pure speculation and a play on a CU stock but don't hold.

Kept me in the fray so picking it again for the Jun 2024 Tipping Comp.

Trying to push through resistance.
29M-28May2024.png

June 2024 update: The late May break-out didn't go higher as the POC fell so did all the copper stocks. We await renewed demand for copper.

No significant news this month other than finalising a $50M offtake agreement with Glencore.

July 2024 update: From their Qrtly report.

Record copper production at Golden Grove after the flood restart. Their second mine, Capricorn Copper remains suspended until they can mitigate flooding prior to the next wet season. Water levels remain above average even before the wet season starts.

I see 29M struggling for another year as capital is used to fix the water problems at Capricorn Copper before restarting production. The GG production helps them survive. Share price falling along with the copper price. Not a promising outlook currently.

August 2024 update: From their 1/2 year report.

No significant improvements noted in their latest report. Capricorn Copper remains suspended pending preps for the wet season. Cu, Zn production from Golden Grove consistent with guidance. The company is surviving but not improving.

Sept 2024 update: No new news reported by company.

However the recent rally in copper price has lifted 29M off it's recent lows.

Looks like you'll be in the green by the end of the year on this Pete. 🤞

Pretty positive break up through the MAs on some OK volume.

Bit of a wall to bash through first.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 16.08.30.png

Thanks, all part of the grand scheme in a year long comp.

I've noticed the strong demand for 29M and I'm befuddled. Other copper miners AIS, A1M have pulled back a little but not 29M.
I've not seen any news on the progress of their water containment not any other positive news.
Me thinks that others know more about 29M than moi.

With High Respect P2---Too much thinking IMHO--
What part of the Chart do you not like?

Sailing the 29M----------One WEEK at a Time --------------------------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time

1727855726112.png

Salute and Stay Well
XYZ Yacht.GIF