Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

FGE - Forge Group

Reactions
Anyone had a look at this recent listing?
http://www.forgegroup.com.au/index.asp
Bought into recently and are wondering what others think?
Company comprises commercial building construction,civil contracting,steel fabrication,onsite services(maintenance),cabinet making,international construction(mining industry),engineering & construction(for mining & oil industries) and a marine maintenance division(royal australian navy).
Have bought a small holding recently and am thinking of adding but are wondering other members thoughts on this company?

I heard Davagh (one of the company part of the group) went belly up in 2005 in South West.
The company is looking for reinforcement for its projects whihc is a good sign

Regards

Anyone had a look at this recent listing?
http://www.forgegroup.com.au/index.asp
Bought into recently and are wondering what others think?
Company comprises commercial building construction,civil contracting,steel fabrication,onsite services(maintenance),cabinet making,international construction(mining industry),engineering & construction(for mining & oil industries) and a marine maintenance division(royal australian navy).
Have bought a small holding recently and am thinking of adding but are wondering other members thoughts on this company?

Earnings and Dividends Forecast (cents per share)
2007 -- -- --
EPS 147.0 -- -- --
DPS 0.0 -- -- --

Will keep an eye on it

thx

MS

Very good announcement by this recently listed co.
Award of $35 mill. in contracts in west africa to Forge Group subsidaries Cimenco & Webb construction.
The new contracts have been secured with subsidaries of gold majors Goldfields & Newmont & canadian producer Golden star res.
Very good price rise on a down day,up 10c to 83c.
I suspect this co will get more coverage over the next few months imo as expands its operations in africa.

Very good announcement by this recently listed co.
Award of $35 mill. in contracts in west africa to Forge Group subsidaries Cimenco & Webb construction.
The new contracts have been secured with subsidaries of gold majors Goldfields & Newmont & canadian producer Golden star res.
Very good price rise on a down day,up 10c to 83c.
I suspect this co will get more coverage over the next few months imo as expands its operations in africa.

Hi looks good its business

Earnings and Dividends Forecast (cents per share)
2007 -- -- --
EPS 147.0 -- -- --
DPS 0.0 -- -- --

thx

MS

Forge was split out of the AI Group; the other half of the business is still listed as that.

I bought AI group for 16 cents about 2 years ago for a long term hold it had over a 12% fully franked yield, the split reduced the number of shares by about a third and i then got about 50/50 for each separately listed company with AIE trading at 30 cents and FGE at 83 ive done very well.

Neither has announced any earnings of dividend guidelines as far as I know but both are very sound and well run businesses so I would expect them to deliver

Another very good announcement in the awarding of 18mil. of contracts in the commercial building div.
Southern cross care-Riverview aged care facility
Boddington gold mine co.-mill workshop
Alcoa world alumium-infrastructure upgrade
Dcsc-Dunsborough shopping centre stage 4
This co. with a market cap of about 45 mill. has has plenty more upside imo.
Don't know if they intend to pay a dividend next year?

Suspended today pending an announcement.

Any ideas?

In the past few months it has announced $65 million dollars worth of contracts which for the company size is massive; accordingly its share price has almost doubled, so im guessing any news may be good rather than bad.

I’ve held for a while so fingers crossed

Suspended today pending an announcement.

Any ideas?

In the past few months it has announced $65 million dollars worth of contracts which for the company size is massive; accordingly its share price has almost doubled, so im guessing any news may be good rather than bad.

I’ve held for a while so fingers crossed

Wow not bad at all

Forge Group Limited (FGE), a wholly owned subsidiary of aiLimited, was the result of the demerger of aiConstruction division from aiLimited. The company provides engineering solutions to various industry sectors including oil and gas; mining and mineral processing; water storage; raw water, waste water, vacuum sewage; process plant; and defence/ marine engineering.

Announced another acquisition and stock jumped 30% when trade resumed :)

Also said it expects revenue of $100 million this year but rising to over $200 million in 2008.

Market must like what its doing.

What a great day for FGE shareholders as this co. has kept the good news coming.Now my largest holding and think there will be more news on the african mining construction front soon imo.
A long term stock for sure.

Announced another acquisition and stock jumped 30% when trade resumed :)

Also said it expects revenue of $100 million this year but rising to over $200 million in 2008.

Market must like what its doing.

This stock is crazy, should lhave bought it earlier

Even at 1.4 PE is only 8 and that is only 1 yr forward EPS (2008 CY)

Forge Group Limited (FGE), a wholly owned subsidiary of aiLimited, was the result of the demerger of aiConstruction division from aiLimited. The company provides engineering solutions to various industry sectors including oil and gas; mining and mineral processing; water storage; raw water, waste water, vacuum sewage; process plant; and defence/ marine engineering.

Attachments

• Australian Engineering Firms.jpg
    Australian Engineering Firms.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Forge.jpg
    Forge.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 59
Nice to see green in a sea of red!
Suspect there could be more news soon imo.
Thr chart looks very good at the moment and sellers have all but dried up.

Nice to see green in a sea of red!
Suspect there could be more news soon imo.
Thr chart looks very good at the moment and sellers have all but dried up.

Yeah interstign to see if there is any news next week

thx

MS

Business Description

Its latest aquasition (Abesque) announced another contract it had won with Hillgrove copper.

SP has been going lower though with the rest of the market, thought it may bounce today but no down another 9 cents to 71 cents :confused:

Any ideas ?

One of the few stocks i held through all the carnage and fell to about 20 cents in March :mad:, but has since been going gangbusters and closed today at $1-49 :eek:, signed a few more good contracts and will pay a 3 cent dividend.

Happy days :D

One of the few stocks i held through all the carnage and fell to about 20 cents in March :mad:, but has since been going gangbusters and closed today at $1-49 :eek:, signed a few more good contracts and will pay a 3 cent dividend.

Happy days :D

Good company... I'm impressed with their capital management and management view on cash and debt :D

I got some I look to get a lot at the right price :D

This is another company that single handedly disproves the efficient markets hypothesis. The fundamentals didnt change despite the global financial crisis yet the share price got absolutely punished.

Management is forecasting strong revenue growth for FY10 - 200+ million (up from $169 million in FY09).

Trades on PE multiple of roughly 7. Has very conservative debt levels, strong cash flows and low capex.

I am seeing a lot of value in this sector at the moment. Another similar and similarly interesting company is NRW Holdings (NWH) - might start a thread with a run down of that one.

This is another company that single handedly disproves the efficient markets hypothesis. The fundamentals didnt change despite the global financial crisis yet the share price got absolutely punished.

Management is forecasting strong revenue growth for FY10 - 200+ million (up from $169 million in FY09).

Trades on PE multiple of roughly 7. Has very conservative debt levels, strong cash flows and low capex.

I am seeing a lot of value in this sector at the moment. Another similar and similarly interesting company is NRW Holdings (NWH) - might start a thread with a run down of that one.

I have dozen of them they all prove Mr Market is wrong Big Time :)

FLT, XRF, WWA, DMP, NVT,CCP,CCV,WDC, FBU
CAB yet to be proven :D
SSM yet to be proven :D

FGE closed down 8.49% this morning at $1.51. Took the opportunity to top up my holdings.

I read an article in the Australian regarding FGE (it brought to my attention something that I don't think I read whilst researching the company). An analyst with Foster Stockbroking points out that the company already has a $170m on the forward orders books (last years revenue was $169m) and has another $300m in the pipeline...

The company has already won a project at Gorgon, albeit small, but the analyst in the article expects them to win more work there. In my opinion, getting a foot in the door of an LNG project is good news for the company because it should position them well within the expansion of the LNG industry.

The article makes a mention of Forge's plans for a partnership with a larger player to underwrite the growth of the company but doesnt offer any new news in that department. Can't wait to hear more on that front.

Here is the link: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26072416-30538,00.html