Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ASF Travel Photos

One for the women:D (don't blame me)

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 345
From the Maglev train in Shanghi that we caught to the airport.
The trains made quite a noise when they passed each other at full speed, scared the cr@p out of us, lol.:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 342
hey 4s - when you say 1 for the women ,.... I think you mean 1 for the woman, (singular), yes? equal trade ? :eek:

I assume at that price, it could lay golden bludy eggs - and bludy big ones lol.

lol 2020, yeah they were a bit overpriced I think. Must've been plenty of women around at the time (oversupply not much demand?) lol.

hey nomore4s. thats some serious speed on that train pic... damm....wish we had that here.

hey nomore4s. thats some serious speed on that train pic... damm....wish we had that here.

Yeah it was pretty amazing, I believe it's the fastest train in the world. Made the bullet train we went on in Japan feel like a crawl.

This thread has me pretty excited :) I love travel, I love reading about travel and I love travel photos. The whole point of this silly trading/investing game for me is to fund the next holiday.

I'll post a few of mine. The first is on the beaches of Boracay in the Philippines in Dec '06.

Attachments

• CIMG0526.jpg
    CIMG0526.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 316
Another on the beaches of Boracay.

Special thanks go to the twat that nicked my camera here. Thanks to them, I have very few photos of what was a fantastic trip. Also, thanks go to my travel insurer, who typically refused to pay the claim.

Attachments

• DSC06287.jpg
    DSC06287.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 321
nomore4s said:
Yeah it was pretty amazing, I believe it's the fastest train in the world. Made the bullet train we went on in Japan feel like a crawl.
The difference though is that the maglev train only just gets up to that speed and it's time to start slowing down again. It's a relatively short piece of track. The bullet trains however can get up to their 250kph odd and stay at that speed for quite some time on longer trips.

To be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the maglev train as an experience. Great for a quick trip, but you don't notice the sensation of speed inside, just like you don't in an aeroplane. The maglev doesn't even have that initial thrust like jets do at takeoff. The bullet trains can be similar, but there are a lot of tunnels on the Sanyo line from Tokyo down to Kyushu and zipping in and out of tunnels heightens the sense of speed.

Cheers,
GP

The difference though is that the maglev train only just gets up to that speed and it's time to start slowing down again. It's a relatively short piece of track. The bullet trains however can get up to their 250kph odd and stay at that speed for quite some time on longer trips.

To be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the maglev train as an experience. Great for a quick trip, but you don't notice the sensation of speed inside, just like you don't in an aeroplane. The maglev doesn't even have that initial thrust like jets do at takeoff. The bullet trains can be similar, but there are a lot of tunnels on the Sanyo line from Tokyo down to Kyushu and zipping in and out of tunnels heightens the sense of speed.

Cheers,
GP

Yeah I think the whole ride lasted 8min or something like that.

The Vatican.
I stood like that for 10 minutes - was doing a survey on pigeons. - 10 direct hits and 15 near misses.
Actually I came to the conclusion that the Pope humours himself with a stack of radio controlled pigeons that he controls from behind one of those windows ;)

Attachments

• statue.jpg
    statue.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 304
some photos from a yacht trip near the Solomons
NW:- South African mate catching a fish
SW:- way out in the middle of the ocean we realised we could see the bottom ;)
NE and SE :- volcano put on a show for us. :2twocents

Attachments

• boat and  volcano.jpg
    boat and volcano.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 305
Not travel photos though i could pretend i`m travelling.

Last night I witnessed for the second time in years a direct hit on a transformer.The first time i was about 800 meters away and looking in that direction.Huge flash, power lines down and cars stopping to avoid the lines.Last night i watched this storm approach from the hill where i live and bang ... i saw a bolt shoot down and connect to a transformer.This time about 3 klms away.The transformer was glowing for about 2 seconds and with the hit being so close the thunder was deafening.

These photos are about 180 deg. from where i live and taken by someone else.

Attachments

• last night.jpg
    last night.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 222
  • yeah.jpg
    yeah.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 226
Not travel photos though i could pretend i`m travelling.

Last night I witnessed for the second time in years a direct hit on a transformer.The first time i was about 800 meters away and looking in that direction.Huge flash, power lines down and cars stopping to avoid the lines.Last night i watched this storm approach from the hill where i live and bang ... i saw a bolt shoot down and connect to a transformer.This time about 3 klms away.The transformer was glowing for about 2 seconds and with the hit being so close the thunder was deafening.

These photos are about 180 deg. from where i live and taken by someone else.

Amazing photos. I think the next trip I will take will involve storm chasing.

I think it looks like Brisbane, Storey Bridge heading out of the city.

Joe answered a couple of mins before me :)