Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Stock swop pros and cons

Reactions
Announcement today that there is insufficient SEZL (Sizzle) stock on NASDAQ to work. Holders can swop 1 SZL (Sizzle on ASX) for 1 SEZL .
SEZL was USD 81.08 and SZL is AU$22.01. This seems like a bargain, or will the SEZL on NASDAQ drop like a rock? Fall to about AU$22 X 0.64 (US vs AU exchange rate) = about14 ?
What depository would hold the SEZL stock for Aussies?
Trying to understand, so input welcomed.
I do NOT hold SZL.

Announcement today that there is insufficient SEZL (Sizzle) stock on NASDAQ to work. Holders can swop 1 SZL (Sizzle on ASX) for 1 SEZL .
SEZL was USD 81.08 and SZL is AU$22.01. This seems like a bargain, or will the SEZL on NASDAQ drop like a rock? Fall to about AU$22 X 0.64 (US vs AU exchange rate) = about14 ?
What depository would hold the SEZL stock for Aussies?
Trying to understand, so input welcomed.
I do NOT hold SZL.
well your trading platform would most likely hold the US listed stock for you BUT when holding an internationally listed stock MIGHT incur extra fees and charges for instance brokerage would be denoted in the local currency ( USD in this case )

i researched hold Linc Energy when they shifted to the SGX ( Singapore Exchange ) that looked very unattractive to me ( so i sold on the ASX before the move )

also holding a US listed stock may have extra tax implications for you

( i do not hold SZL either )