Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Stock broker in the US who can deal with Australians

Reactions
can anyone recommend a stock broker in the USA who can deal with Australians?

while is was living overseas I opened a stock account with a broker in the USA. Since I moved back to Australia they tell me that they can no longer act as my broker. To make matters worse they have just advised that they are unable to transfer my stock to my Australian broker.

my options are to sell all my stock (and give the tax office a bonus) or find a broker in the USA who can accept a client who lives in Australia and transfer my stocks to them.

Can anyone recommend a broker in the USA who I can approach.

Thanks in advance

can anyone recommend a stock broker in the USA who can deal with Australians?

while is was living overseas I opened a stock account with a broker in the USA. Since I moved back to Australia they tell me that they can no longer act as my broker. To make matters worse they have just advised that they are unable to transfer my stock to my Australian broker.

my options are to sell all my stock (and give the tax office a bonus) or find a broker in the USA who can accept a client who lives in Australia and transfer my stocks to them.

Can anyone recommend a broker in the USA who I can approach.

Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear about it. Sounds like a bit of a stitch up, you certainly got the short straw. Brokers should be universal with their stock trading. I can think of one Broker that I believe is American, But I can't quite put my diligence on how to pronounce it name. I will get back to you if I put my finger on the correct name.

It go something like this may you have heard of them, but I'm not quite sure. ( Interactiive Brokers ) I'm not quite sure if their American. Sorry if I'm not much help. If the broker I'm trying to nail comes into play I will let you know?

All the best into saving your stock!

Last edited:
Commsec ? talk to them first, if you can transfer in yr holdings!?

Overview​

Unlock global investment opportunities with CommSec
With a CommSec International Shares Account, you'll have access to leading global share markets, from New York to London to Hong Kong, all at the click of a button.
CommSec's refreshed international platform provides online access to a range of free tools to research, monitor your portfolio and trade in 13 markets online. With a streamlined application process and 24-hour support from our International Desk on U.S. trading days, you could be ready to trade in less than 5 minutes.