Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Peter Lynch Book

Reactions
Hello you wonderful and intelligent individuals that make up this forum. I sincerely hope you are in good spirits and doing well.

I recently over the last week was reading the book Peter Lynch One Up On Wall Street, which i find a truly fascinating read. It is a good summary of how to conduct value investing through the eyes of Peter Lynch. It kindly mentions looking for small cap stocks that are often overlooked by Wall Street, such as Funeral Services company's, Plastic Knifes and Forks manufacturers. Then hopefully when the company grows and gets more coverage it could lead to the stock being a multiple bagger. I often find these type of stocks have dwindling revenue as they dont have the support of institutional investors.

I kindly please wondered if anyone has put on their watchlist or has invested in a small cap stock in a niche industry that is performing well and if they please had the name of the company? This would be very helpful for my research in terms of what to look for in a niche company, it would be highly appreciated. Lastly in terms of the advice from the book, would it be best to take away some points from the book in terms of applying this to value investing please? Such as Peter Lynch says earnings are important as when earnings increase per quarter the share price usually tracks this, so possibly choosing small cap stocks in a hot industry with growing revenues for instance please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful for your support it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you become massively successful with your investing and have a wonderful and amazing life. Very best wishes to you and take care.

Hello you wonderful and intelligent individuals that make up this forum. I sincerely hope you are in good spirits and doing well.

I recently over the last week was reading the book Peter Lynch One Up On Wall Street, which i find a truly fascinating read. It is a good summary of how to conduct value investing through the eyes of Peter Lynch. It kindly mentions looking for small cap stocks that are often overlooked by Wall Street, such as Funeral Services company's, Plastic Knifes and Forks manufacturers. Then hopefully when the company grows and gets more coverage it could lead to the stock being a multiple bagger. I often find these type of stocks have dwindling revenue as they dont have the support of institutional investors.

I kindly please wondered if anyone has put on their watchlist or has invested in a small cap stock in a niche industry that is performing well and if they please had the name of the company? This would be very helpful for my research in terms of what to look for in a niche company, it would be highly appreciated. Lastly in terms of the advice from the book, would it be best to take away some points from the book in terms of applying this to value investing please? Such as Peter Lynch says earnings are important as when earnings increase per quarter the share price usually tracks this, so possibly choosing small cap stocks in a hot industry with growing revenues for instance please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful for your support it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you become massively successful with your investing and have a wonderful and amazing life. Very best wishes to you and take care.
now i don't invest in the US , but niches in Australia/NZ and PNG ( but listed on the ASX ) yes i dig in there

funeral services PFP ( i hold ) this is still growing but might be too late for what you want

IMD ( i hold ) specializing in 'drilling mud ' for exploration services companies is more complex now

BIS ( i hold )make specialty steels , better known as armor-plating but do more than that

there are dozens of similar businesses listed on the ASX

another to run your theory over is TUA they are trying to run a mobile hone service provider in Singapore and later Malaysia ( i hold )

Thank you very much for your response divs4ever you are a star, i really appreciate your very helpful post, that is very kind of you.

I will kindly take a look at these stocks and research them further, i really appreciate it, i specifically like IMD which specializes in drilling mud. This will be helpful to evaluate and look into the company's financials and hopefully help me find other suitable stocks. Can i kindly please ask how you found these stocks, i am guessing you simply pulled up a list of stocks from the ASX and starting going through them one by one? As these are not often covered by analyst websites or talked about much. If you kindly had time to get back to me on this i would be forever grateful and thankful for your support.

As ever divs4ever you are an amazing and wonderful human being i really appreciate your help, as i was having difficulty trying to find suitable niche stocks. Wishing you a wonderful life as always and have a wonderful week. Look after yourself and thanks so much for your help.

Thank you very much for your response divs4ever you are a star, i really appreciate your very helpful post, that is very kind of you.

I will kindly take a look at these stocks and research them further, i really appreciate it, i specifically like IMD which specializes in drilling mud. This will be helpful to evaluate and look into the company's financials and hopefully help me find other suitable stocks. Can i kindly please ask how you found these stocks, i am guessing you simply pulled up a list of stocks from the ASX and starting going through them one by one? As these are not often covered by analyst websites or talked about much. If you kindly had time to get back to me on this i would be forever grateful and thankful for your support.

As ever divs4ever you are an amazing and wonderful human being i really appreciate your help, as i was having difficulty trying to find suitable niche stocks. Wishing you a wonderful life as always and have a wonderful week. Look after yourself and thanks so much for your help.
well in previous days i would scan for sub $1 stocks that make profit ( and better yet pay a div. ) and start there

PFP i saw a trend earlier in the 'pandemic ' , i always had worries about IVC and it's high debt/ratio , while PFP had acceptable metrics @ $3 a share

BIS was bought when i could see the trend in Ukraine , now i had been watching BIS before that , but the Ukraine action gave me the extra nudge
as Buffett would say look for a 'moat ' ( and acceptable fundamentals )

but for me ( mostly)scan first , until you have between 6 and 12 stock codes and start researching ( and thinking )

fair warning sub $1 stocks that pay divs are often lightly traded ( no easy exit ) you really have to decide if you want to stay there for months/years

one key is to set up your stock scanner with YOUR priorities

PS this is a percentage strategy some will fail ( expand too fast is one fatal mistake ) some will be taken-over before they get to full potential and some will go multi-bagger in time , there is a LOT that can happen between buying in and the final result

i hope this helps