Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Juvenile Crime

Reactions
I don't normally watch "Spotlight" on 7 on a Sunday night, but did last night.
Out of control juvenile thugs as young as 9/10 years of age thinking it is the norm to steal, terrorise, plunder and know that they will generally get away with it. The inference was if someone has worked hard to get and to achieve, why shouldn't I have it.
Had to give it away about half way through the show as a boot would have finished in the screen.
What I do know is, if anything like what was being shown happened at my farm, and I caught them, it would not be possible for them to ever do it again.
End of rant.

I don't normally watch "Spotlight" on 7 on a Sunday night, but did last night.
Out of control juvenile thugs as young as 9/10 years of age thinking it is the norm to steal, terrorise, plunder and know that they will generally get away with it. The inference was if someone has worked hard to get and to achieve, why shouldn't I have it.
Had to give it away about half way through the show as a boot would have finished in the screen.
What I do know is, if anything like what was being shown happened at my farm, and I caught them, it would not be possible for them to ever do it again.
End of rant.
The thing is that if we defend ourselves from it is us who would be arrested.

There is a reason for that that nobody wants to acknowledge in our society.

Well it is just another social engineering project that has been instigated, "kids without boundaries", let the kids work out for themselves what is acceptable and what isn't.
Eventually as with everything else the loonies instigate, it will implode and common sense will have to prevail.
Until then, if you are elderly, make sure you maintain your bone density and a degree of fitness to survive a good thumping.;)
The upside is, it is opening a lot more job opportunities in the police forces, which should help those kids that do want to work. :xyxthumbs

The thing is that if we defend ourselves from it is us who would be arrested.

There is a reason for that that nobody wants to acknowledge in our society.
@wayneL When we first moved up onto the Scarp 40+ years ago the local Police Sgt gave us a courtesy call.
At that stage in our lives we had a property opposite the Hillston Detention Centre.
The training ground for Longmore, Riverbank and ultimately Fremantle Prison.
It was to advise us as being new in this area how to react and defend ourselves and property if we had a break-in.
Firstly, after taking the offender "out" you have to prove you were defending yourself and family.
Well, he or them were armed with knives, an axe or whatever.
This is a true story and the Police Sgt was not joking.
We did have an incident where a scum bag tried to steal my wife's car, but the local police department sorted him out very quickly.