Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

John Pilger RIP

I haven't seen this before, will watch later.
Was mentioned in the article and I have only recently started to learn about what actually happened in Cambodia in the mid 70's. Was a bit young back then, and like a lot of history, it largely got swept under the carpet since.

I haven't seen this before, will watch later.
Was mentioned in the article and I have only recently started to learn about what actually happened in Cambodia in the mid 70's. Was a bit young back then, and like a lot of history, it largely got swept under the carpet since.

It was interesting in the fact that the people let it happen. Even more so that the Communist Vietnamese went in and took out the communist Khmer rouge.

Never really thought much of it before till now, but while my dad was in Vietnam he and some of his platoon was offered a contract by CIA to go into Cambodia.
The pay was really good, but they consulted with their sergeant who said "It's cheaper and more discreet to pay out in lead and leave you all in shallow graves".

It would be interesting to know if they were going for Khmer rogue or Vietnamese positions. Good old CIA was always causing sht.

He was a vain anti-capitalist super anti-American commie who was always saying that dear old CCP China was threatened by a "noose" of U.S bases. A total idealogue posing as a journalist like all the left commentators.

He worked with some of the best in Fleet St , James Cameron for one; Cameron once remarked to Pilger... 'if they call you a Commo or better still a Communist dupe, you'll know you're on the right track '

John Pilger obviously still doing great work from beyond the grave.
Suggested reading;

Heros.
Secret Country ..... a particularly uncomfortable tome for greedy entitled fussy old australian white man.

As a side note Cameron in his early days work with Edgar Wallace, heard of 'King Kong'.... Wallace gets a heads up in great track by Severed Heads 'The Deads Eyes open'

Good idea to keep'm open while you're alive as well .... Mr John Pilger helped me in that.

i saw him in action in Cambodia* ... total paid up CommIntern dupe.

*more in travel thread, some day

He was a vain anti-capitalist super anti-American commie who was always saying that dear old CCP China was threatened by a "noose" of U.S bases. A total idealogue posing as a journalist like all the left commentators.
FB_IMG_1704424579986.jpg