Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Betashares Direct

Reactions
I've been getting some emails from Betashares promoting this new service/product. From the blurb:

"Betashares Direct is a new investing platform designed to help you build wealth, your way.

It allows you to invest in any ETF traded on the ASX with zero brokerage and no account fees – as well as set up recurring investments, access professionally constructed diversified portfolios, or build your own custom portfolio, for low monthly fees."

More info: https://www.betashares.com.au/direct

Not for me. I prefer to be the direct owner of my holdings and Betashares is to be the custodian holder under this scheme.

Maybe the zero brokerage and ability to have recurring investments is attractive to some.

I've been getting some emails from Betashares promoting this new service/product. From the blurb:

"Betashares Direct is a new investing platform designed to help you build wealth, your way.

It allows you to invest in any ETF traded on the ASX with zero brokerage and no account fees – as well as set up recurring investments, access professionally constructed diversified portfolios, or build your own custom portfolio, for low monthly fees."

More info: https://www.betashares.com.au/direct

Not for me. I prefer to be the direct owner of my holdings and Betashares is to be the custodian holder under this scheme.

Maybe the zero brokerage and ability to have recurring investments is attractive to some.
*** for low monthly fees." ***

since ASX listed ETFs and brokerage and account fee resistant ( ie none charged )

i would guess actual shares LICs and REITs would attract a monthly fee ( but haven't searched the fine print

now an account that ( ASX -listed ) Betashare ETFs might be useful as long as they didn't require regular investment cash .. say six monthly

i hold some Betashare ETFs , but the fine print needs to be scrutinized imagine an account that featured volatile ETFs ( like the BEAR family or GEAR family ) rather than the boring passive index funds

if i dig into this further i will be seeking the advice of a financial advisory straight ETFs are bad enough for fine print

Do I own my investments held on Betashares Direct?
No. No Chess, No HIN.

betad.PNG

I hope the custodian sends the annual AMIT statement necessary to complete a personal tax return. I have heard of others having trouble obtaining them where custodial arrangements apply.