Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Autonomous Driving EVs

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
I have never considered an EV for myself preferring the convenience of an ICE because of the lack of EV recharging stations in the rural and remote areas of the continent through which I travel. I have though become interested in the concept of autonomous EV's which drive themselves leaving one as the passenger not the driver.

It is inevitable with age that I will find myself in a metropolitan area and owning an EV or relying on one such as a taxi or public transport and these will likely be cheaper and affordable over the next ten years. I'll leave the discussion on hybrids to the other threads. Despite Elon Musk's latest failure in convincing the markets of autonomous EV's from Tesla it seems that other companies such as NVidia and remaining car manufacturers are also pursuing the concept. I believe that the Chinese, Japanese and Europeans are interested.

The car and vehicle industry seems to be at the forefront of innovation with the introduction and adaption of adaptive cruise control and lane departure warnings for example which are recent advances that have been adopted by drivers. I cannot see our driving continue in to the EV age as a crazy circus of independent drivers of vastly different abilities as has occurred for over 120 years. EV's will be the future and Autonomous EV's become the norm should I live long enough to see it.

gg

After watching Spacex recover that booster module back to the waiting arms of the launch pad... won't be long I would think.

I suspect speed of processing and devices etc is still one issue.

As a barometer; The Insurance Industry is doing all the work to inform us on what is needed to be known.
For the time being few are giving customers adjustments for their use of 'driver assist tech' but there is that option for some; People are going to vote with their wallets.... Even if it means that 'big brother' is observing your behaviour.... (catholics being used that sort of thing will quickly sign-up)
And slowly the road carnage will abate. (the wanking though? it will continue)

And GG; This thread is going to outlast a lot of todays listed Company's .