Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

As I age others are as insufferable as when I was intolerant

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
It is generally considered that as one gets older one loses some cognitive acuity and generally that one mellows. I have noticed both, in myself.

Luckily by using tricks such as delay and google I am able to trick people in to thinking that I am as sharp as I was, mostly. I also consider that I am more forgiving and accepting of other people's mistakes, faults and personality defects and strengths, than when I was a young man. I still find it difficult to suffer idiots, but I must admit I do not point out their idiot status to them as much as I used.

However.

People are not kinder to me than they were, since I have become kinder. Perhaps it is payback time for me as one of my children says. Or perhaps it makes no difference whether I am kind or not, or appear kind or not, as to how people behave.

So my point is that I no longer wish to be any kinder as it makes no difference to how other people behave which is contrary to what many religions and gurus teach. I will just be me.

Just sayin'

What is the experience of other people on ASF?

gg

Found through life I tend to get back what I project out, when working I found life was a lot easier and enjoyable when I approached people with a smile and genuine interest in them now retired even more so.

Anther rule I mostly follow is determine how I want to feel and not hand that over to others that may or may not care about you.

but I must admit I do not point out their idiot status to them as much as I used.
to.

I like to point out inattention to detail, as if it's still important these days. 🦞

I grew up thinking IQ was a notion of genes, but I now know it's usually a product of socio economic factors. So I understand idiots and usually just find them amusing and they get me wondering about how different walks of life can be, within such close proximity.
Is there a little bit of idiot in all of us? (or just me...🥸)

It is generally considered that as one gets older one loses some cognitive acuity and generally that one mellows. I have noticed both, in myself.

Luckily by using tricks such as delay and google I am able to trick people in to thinking that I am as sharp as I was, mostly. I also consider that I am more forgiving and accepting of other people's mistakes, faults and personality defects and strengths, than when I was a young man. I still find it difficult to suffer idiots, but I must admit I do not point out their idiot status to them as much as I used.

However.

People are not kinder to me than they were, since I have become kinder. Perhaps it is payback time for me as one of my children says. Or perhaps it makes no difference whether I am kind or not, or appear kind or not, as to how people behave.

So my point is that I no longer wish to be any kinder as it makes no difference to how other people behave which is contrary to what many religions and gurus teach. I will just be me.

Just sayin'

What is the experience of other people on ASF?

gg
Stick it up them Personally I couldn't give a rats what others may or may not think. If a lemon is called an orange then so be it.