Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Best/Worst TV ads

springhill

Make the drill work for YOU
Reactions
I have just seen that new Coca-Cola ad that promotes normal Coke and Zero. What a piece of crap. A bunch of 'it' twentysomethings drinking Coke saying z-zam or brrrrpp and dancing like knobs. All it ever does is make me burp my guts out. If i want to dance like a knob i'll drink bourbon til i cant see straight. No wonder their share price is on the wane and the company is rated sell/hold with junk like this. If i didnt pay so much for the TV i would kick the screen in.
Feel free to indulge

Re: Worst TV ads

The Jetstar ad's where they have twats yelling out ONYA JETSTAR... sounds abysmal.

I have just seen that new Coca-Cola ad that promotes normal Coke and Zero. What a piece of crap. A bunch of 'it' twentysomethings drinking Coke saying z-zam or brrrrpp and dancing like knobs. All it ever does is make me burp my guts out. If i want to dance like a knob i'll drink bourbon til i cant see straight. No wonder their share price is on the wane and the company is rated sell/hold with junk like this. If i didnt pay so much for the TV i would kick the screen in.
Feel free to indulge

Best rant I have seen in a long long time.

Well worthy of that Bender icon IMO.

Brandpower - "helping you buy our product"

those ads can bite Bender's shiny, metal a**!

Grrrrr!! The new KFC ad for Mashies what kind of nerd w*nk*rs sit it a library with soccer players drawn on their hands 'kicking' a ball of mashed potato around? How annoying is that? I'd like a chance to kick whoever cr*pp*d out this ad right in their 'mashies'

Yeah, who lets you eat KFC in a library these days? hahaha

I remember drawing faces on my hands and making them 'talk', but, soccer players, that's just a bit poncy for me :p:

Sounds liek that Just Jeans ad that was pulled pretty quickly, where a bunch of annoying metro's prance about in Just Jeans clothing trying to look "Edgy" (TM)

The "Annabelle Principle" add for petrol prices. God what an obnoxious little brat, just what every driver need sitting in the back. Makes me want to scream

The "Annabelle Principle" add for petrol prices. God what an obnoxious little brat, just what every driver need sitting in the back. Makes me want to scream

You know mumbank, for the life of us we cant imagine why they didnt call it the 'Amy principle' given that it is an ad for AAMI car Insurance!

Worst ad - there is a Bob Geldof/Telstra add that has just started - Geldof comes across as an arrogant selfish wanker who is holding the whole plan to ransom because he wont turn off his PDA! What was he, and Telstra thinking of! And at the end he is arrested and taken off the plane - as if anyone would want to be associated with stuff like that!:eek:

OK, I also hate the cone head hillbilly ad for a brand of beer. Just hate it!
And the add where the guys nipples do their thing. Disgusting. If I keep thinkging I should come up with more......

Now, a clever and good add is that one where the guy is having a lie detector test and the last questions is about what he is going to wax next. Cant think of what it is advertising though:eek:

the "motor finance wizard" ad with its annoying jingle aimed at getting bankrupts and unemployed into unroadworthy deathtraps gets up my nose. great to see A CURRENT AFFAIR dump on them last night. wont be seeing that ad on nine anymore i think.

There are plenty of bad ads around.

The best ad I think is Vodafone, this guy leaves the monastry where one can't talk....coming into this world of seduction, he can't get off his phone even in a club where he can't hear a thing. What a fabulous idea! The latest Voda ad is also good.

Completely agree with the Oz voiceover ads.

Oust is a good example.... what was wrong with Glade? Oust sounds like what like what Sargeant Shultz would scream at you if you did a botty burp in the room.... ze varting in the room is verboten... oust!!

I think the NSW RTA ads on speeding 'no one things big of you' (where it's made out you have a small dick for speeding) is a clever ad with viral potential.

These aren't the worst - theyre the best as far as I'm concerned - but this thread was as close as I could find :2twocents-
you know how they say people tend to resemble their pets - fussy people with poodles, old englishmen with dropping cheeks have bulldogs etc ..

I knew a giant of a man once - was a welder at a factory we used - he had a team of clydesdales ;)

Budweiser Commercial - Respect (after 9/11)
Superbowl XL - Budweiser Commercial (streaker)
Budweiser Commercial - Clydesdales Donkey
Budweiser Commercial - Dalmatians
Snow Fight

Attachments

• respect1.jpg
    respect1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 500
  • respect2.jpg
    respect2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 460

the new LYNX ads don't thrill me too much. And whats worse is the kids are copying the ad. AAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHHH

Tim

last post was best .
this one ?- neither best not worst, - just ... different ;)

If George Washington lived in the Whitehouse today , it would run more like ...
"I cannot tell a lie - it was him !."

"Never Tell A Lie" (80's Mormon Commercial)