Votes: 51 8.7%
  • I dont think the existance of god is probable

Votes: 112 19.1%
  • I know there is no GOD we are a random quirk of nature

Votes: 167 28.5%

• Total voters
Re: Is there GOD

Do you believe in god.

Iv got another question: How did you pass the 100 character thing???

And yes - of course there is God. Only 1 God.

As for "belief" - well some things are true whether you believe in them or not.

Do you believe in god.

You dont seriously think he's going to help you with your footy tips?:D

Im a non believer. The only thing i believe is no one can prove me wrong!

However i must add that religion is a vessel for providing society with principals and discipline that in general, is for the greater good!

Re: Is there GOD

Iv got another question: How did you pass the 100 character thing???

100 character minimum only applies to the three stock forums: Stocks A-H, Stocks I-P and Stocks Q-Z.

Possibly, but that would depend on my age, and the cost of exercising my options at entry to heaven, oh and on the basis that: Bendigo City Town Hall clock tower doesnt fall into one Bendigo Golds ventilator shafts:thus spoiling my only chance, of squaring up with that mother of a share:eek:

A mysterious higher power looking over us? An entity that formed the universe and the earth, as well as mankind itself?

I cannot even begin to comprehend that, let alone believe it.

Yes. period.

You'll never know the sunshine outside if you stay in your room the whole day.

Do you believe in god.

If I can be a little "tangentle" (thats probably not a word, but I occassionally make my own words up!!), in an attempt to look past the obvious, what prompted the question Tech? ...........

I trust you have not suffered any situation (family/ill health etc) which makes you "question" your "position" in the universe ................

For the record, I think if any person considers humans/him or herself to be the "top of the chain" in respect of evolution/creation or whatever anyone wishes to call it, then that person is a) narrow minded b) narrow minded and c) narrow minded .................

I'm not going to tell you there is a god, cause I can't prove it, and even if I could, those who didn't want to believe there was, wouldn't believe me anyway!! ............. BUT .......... For anyone to discount the possibilty that a higher life form could exist, then they are are simply limiting their possible experiences of what life may be all about .............

I look at the facts ............. Human life exists ............ Life/nature/science etc is so complex that we as humans are still only touching the surface of what we really know ............... For example, It was pointed out to me by a learned "older friend" of mine who reads a great deal on "everything", that science has shown that there are more moving parts in every living human cell than in any man made machine !!! ............. Mind boggling ...........

The question of whether or not we "believe" in God should possibly be replaced with ......... "Have we shut our minds off to the possibilities of our own smallness (insignificance) in the overall scheme of the universe and beyond .................... Are we prepared to keep our minds open to the "truths" of the universe ...............

My perception of God is probably way "left field" , but I too am a victim of my own bias ................. I see my part as a human, is to "learn" to keep my mind open as much as possible ........... that way the learned dogma of my past will not taint the possibility of future truths .................

Enough ranting ................ I'm not normally this serious (bit the opposite!!), but I thought the question from Tech deserved some "serious" comment .....

PS Hows the footy tipping going Tech?? :D

I believe in one less god than most theists. If there is a god, he/she/it really needs to take a long, hard look at its actions.

The scientist has got my vote!

cheers,

Do you believe in god.

No,I do not believe in god because the idea was created from human mind.The other living organisms on the earth have no words to explain things either.

all religions are essentiallly ideological and linguistic viruses which infect people who are vulnerable to accepting easy answers to unanswerable questions.

the church and the bible are manipulative tools for ensuring the flock don't stray too far.

all religions are essentiallly ideological and linguistic viruses which infect people who are vulnerable to accepting easy answers to unanswerable questions.

the church and the bible are manipulative tools for ensuring the flock don't stray too far.

I agree with this.

good golly that is concise!